Device: Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
It was in front of your nose when you downloaded latest calibre

Attachment 166750

All the way back to Oct 2009 !

BR
Thanks
Damn, lol. My brother calls it hysterical blindness. It's scary. Like you look both ways across an intersection and nothing as far as the eye can see...you proceed and ...blammo.. theirs a flipping car right there! Got a few freaky stories, lol
ipsofacto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 09:05 PM   #17
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipsofacto View Post
Another thing that's happening. Even when title and author is correct, am getting an unusual amount of 'no matches found'.
Whenever talking about metadata downloads you need to provide specific examples and show the associated log file so we can see what is actually going on.

As far as tags are concerned. I choose to only get tags via the Goodreads metadata plugin. It allows me to map the Goodreads tags to what I prefer to see and it allows me to limit the number of tags per book. To customize the goodread tags that will be downloaded I started with the json file found in this post, then modified over time as I saw fit.
DoctorOhh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 10:19 PM   #18
ipsofacto
ipsofacto began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
Whenever talking about metadata downloads you need to provide specific examples and show the associated log file so we can see what is actually going on.

As far as tags are concerned. I choose to only get tags via the Goodreads metadata plugin. It allows me to map the Goodreads tags to what I prefer to see and it allows me to limit the number of tags per book. To customize the goodread tags that will be downloaded I started with the json file found in this post, then modified over time as I saw fit.
Unfortunately thats all over my head.
All I know is that is that this here thing Calibre lets memake a library, describe what the books about, make tags for searches and select what I want to load to my reader. That's it. I don't have the space in my brain for getting deeper than that! And right now it's creating a lot more work than help, Lol.

Last edited by ipsofacto; 10-06-2018 at 10:25 PM.
Old 10-07-2018, 08:37 PM   #19
ipsofacto
ipsofacto began at the beginning.

Update...

I reverted to an earlier version from around April. Calibre is now behaving as normally as I expect it to.