Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-01-2009, 03:03 PM   #1
Xia
Zealot
Xia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 1 (x2)
$0.99 for USA-Kindle: After Life by Jaron Lee Knuth

For all you zombie fans (& I know you're out there!):

After Life
by Jaron Lee Knuth
http://www.amazon.com/After-Life-ebo...=AG56TWVU5XWC2
~4.5 out of 5 stars, based on 3 reviews
$0.99 (the paperback is currently priced at $11.44 on amazon)

Product Description
Two friends must learn how to feel in a world where only the numb can survive.

When corpses begin to hunger for the flesh of the living, a small group of survivors must decide if they should fight for the world that was destroyed or adapt to the change.

How far are you willing to go to survive?

Love, Blood and the Undead.
Xia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 09:03 AM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
YES! I'm out here and THANK YOU!

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2009, 12:41 AM   #3
Xia
Zealot
Xia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 1 (x2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
YES! I'm out here and THANK YOU!

Don

There you are! I knew you were out there!

Xia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 06:16 AM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I just bought this one yesterday, after you posted the information on it.

One can hardly go wrong, I'm thinking, with flying guts, dismemebered body parts, and immortal dialogue such as this:

"Arggghhfhrr! Rthfthhssggg."

Compare the dialogue above to one of those boring "intellectual" novels taught by boring intellectuals in Universities: (I'm making this up) : "Obviously, Jim - and being a man - you fail to realize the pragmatic truths found in the continental school of philosphy as espoused by Foucault."

Here's what my friend, the zombie, would say:

"Ugrrrgrrrrgh. Brains?"

Don

P.S.: Seriously, though, I enjoy novels of ideas, but sometimes nothing can beat a good zombie book, especially when one encounters badly bloated intellectual novels full of narcissistic men and women talking about everything but sex. Or come to think of it, maybe all of that dialogue is code for sexual frustrations. Hmmm?

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 11-03-2009 at 06:25 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote