Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 10-29-2014, 01:20 AM   #46
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
Oh really! I hope there is some sort of reading order guide/suggestion type thing to go along with it - unless its all of her previously published short stories collected in one volume, similar to what Jim Butcher did with Side Jobs (although he did not include his Big Foot trilogy, nor about 3 or 4 others).
Oops. I took a second look. Says:

Quote:
Sudden Backtrack
A Hollows Short [single short story]
Series: Hollows Graphic Novel

#1 New York Times bestselling author Kim Harrison returns to the ever-after one last time in this never-before-published short story!

The origins of the elf and demon war have been shrouded – until now. Told from a demon's point of view, join Al as he helps Newt spin the curse that caused the elven downfall... and perhaps holds the beginnings of their own reclamations.
So, not an anthology....but a sort of prequel chapter.

ETA: I tried to look at the sample to see if it really was a comic book graphic novel. Stupid thing - it showed the cover, title page, and contents page. No actual content, though.

Last edited by FizzyWater; 10-29-2014 at 01:23 AM.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 01:56 AM   #47
Mort1997
Wizard
Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony various , Voyage, Oasis, K3, K4T,Nook Glow+Kobo Aura/H2O/One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa;2961144
Oh really! I hope there is some sort of reading order guide/suggestion type thing to go along with it - unless its all of her previously published short stories collected in one volume, similar to what Jim Butcher did with [B
Side Jobs[/B] (although he did not include his Big Foot trilogy, nor about 3 or 4 others).
https://storybundle.com/fantasy The Big Foot trilogy is currently available as part of the Urban Fantasy bundle ($15 to unlock bonus with it in- 8 days to go) The is a good selection of other stuff available too
Mort1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 06:46 PM   #48
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
That is because Side Jobs came first.

On the other hand, alansplace has discovered that Brief Cases, the sequel to Side Jobs, should be released sometime next year and contains all those newer stories.
Cool! Although, I have a "Fairy God Father" who has been helping me out on that front! So I might have all of them already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
Oops. I took a second look. [snip]
So, not an anthology....but a sort of prequel chapter.

ETA: I tried to look at the sample to see if it really was a comic book graphic novel. Stupid thing - it showed the cover, title page, and contents page. No actual content, though.
Ah. Thats cool too. No worries. While a minireview might be nice, I rather not accidentally spoil anything for myself anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mort1997 View Post
https://storybundle.com/fantasy The Big Foot trilogy is currently available as part of the Urban Fantasy bundle ($15 to unlock bonus with it in- 8 days to go) The is a good selection of other stuff available too
Yup! I saw, participated and downloaded the whole kit & caboodle two weeks ago, when it first went out. Both Villians and Hair of the Wolf have joined the Bigfoot stories on my Kindle. I'm also interested in Neon Noir, but I'm not ready to start a brand new series just yet.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 07:45 PM   #49
zebradude
Addict
zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See Signature
I am currently reading the "Sandman Slim" Series by Richard Kadrey and boy oh boy it can be DARK but I'm hooked!
zebradude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 10:03 AM   #50
Lordblacknail
Zealot
Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libre 2 Oasis Many Fires Galaxy Tab S7 Plus
I agree with fizzwater. Allie Beckstrom is great, just read them one after another. I did like the iron druid though, so fifty fifty.
Lordblacknail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 10:41 AM   #51
Kasper Hviid
Zealot
Kasper Hviid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kasper Hviid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kasper Hviid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kasper Hviid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kasper Hviid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kasper Hviid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kasper Hviid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kasper Hviid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kasper Hviid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kasper Hviid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kasper Hviid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
White Trash Zombie - After having been found naked and unconscious by the side of the road, our heroine suddenly finds herself having a job(!) and a crawing for brains. The book has a lowbrow TV-Show style and lots of weird humor, and solid, engaging characters.
Kasper Hviid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 11:18 AM   #52
owly
Guru
owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 2, Kobo Aura H2O
The Signs of the Zodiac Series by Vicki Pettersson. Quite different. A city of Super heroes and very nasty anti-heroes based of the signs of the zodiac and fueled by the belief of kids reading comix..
owly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 11:28 AM   #53
owly
Guru
owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 2, Kobo Aura H2O
Charlie Huston's Joe Pitt series, Vampire detective series, very Noir..
owly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 06:49 PM   #54
Kasper Hviid
Zealot
Kasper Hviid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kasper Hviid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kasper Hviid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kasper Hviid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kasper Hviid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kasper Hviid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kasper Hviid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kasper Hviid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kasper Hviid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kasper Hviid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kasper Hviid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Shadow Sight (Ivy Granger #1) was pretty entertaining. Female psychic detective in a world with all sorts of undercover monsters.
Kasper Hviid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 02:28 PM   #55
zebradude
Addict
zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

As I wait out the 10 year waiting period for the next "The Dresden Files" I have been hooked reading "The Demon Accords" I am hooked on the Audible books.

Am I the only one....

Last edited by zebradude; 09-19-2018 at 06:54 PM.
Old 09-15-2018, 03:14 AM   #56
cootcraig
Enthusiast
cootcraig began at the beginning.

Device: 2nd gen. Kindle Fire HD 8.9
"The City" by Dean Koontz

Definitely Urban and Fantasy
cootcraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 05:44 PM   #57
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebradude View Post
As I wait out the 10 year waiting period for the next "The Dresden Files" I have been hooked reading "The Demon Accord" I am hooked on the Audible books.

Am I the only one....
Can't say that I've ever heard of the series, but I just grabbed the first one to give it a try. Thanks for the recommendation.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 06:53 PM   #58
zebradude
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
Can't say that I've ever heard of the series, but I just grabbed the first one to give it a try. Thanks for the recommendation.
I hope you like it. I really enjoyed the whole series. I have listened 2 the series twice so far..