Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > ePub Books

Notices

Old 05-06-2023, 01:14 AM   #121
pynch
why in?
pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Aura
... and welcome to MobileRead, sachermasoch.
pynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2023, 10:44 AM   #122
sachermasoch
sachermasoch began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thank you soooooooo much!!!!
sachermasoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2023, 09:44 AM   #123
sachermasoch

I have another question for you, if you can answer me. I have noticed that often in these letters some words are shown in italics. But since these are transcripts of handwritten letters, I wonder how it is that whoever wrote them used italics, and therefore, what led editors to use italics for some words.
Thank you|
Old 05-07-2023, 12:27 PM   #124
pynch
why in?
pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I can’t say for sure, but I assume Joyce underlined those words.
Old 05-14-2023, 09:12 AM   #125
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pynch View Post
I can’t say for sure, but I assume Joyce underlined those words.
At least it is standard practice to print underlined words in italics.

Last edited by doubleshuffle; 05-14-2023 at 09:16 AM.
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2023, 12:08 PM   #126
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
delete post

Last edited by JSWolf; 05-14-2023 at 08:49 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2023, 03:14 PM   #127
sachermasoch

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleshuffle View Post
At least it is standard practice to print underlined words in italics.
Yes but actually you can find both in this file: some words underlined, some in italics
Old 05-29-2023, 01:07 AM   #128
pynch
why in?

I have looked it up in Richard Ellmann’s preface to the edition: when Joyce underlined words once, they appear here in italics, when he underlined them more than once, they appear underlined.
Old 05-30-2023, 02:19 PM   #129
sachermasoch

Quote:
Originally Posted by pynch View Post
I have looked it up in Richard Ellmann’s preface to the edition: when Joyce underlined words once, they appear here in italics, when he underlined them more than once, they appear underlined.
Thank you very very very much pynch!!!