Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 08-11-2009, 09:44 PM   #1
_windy
Frances
_windy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures._windy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures._windy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: none
Wink The Lighthouse Chronicles - Modern Supernatural/Humor

I'm Frances and I'm the author of the ongoing serial The Lighthouse Chronicles. It is YA modern supernatural with a very large dose of humor. Updates once a week, via website and RSS feed.

Here's the summary:

Max lives in Boston and is ordinary except for one fact: she has heard a voice predicting the end of the world since she was four. Now, at fifteen, she decides to listen to what it has to say—and her adventure begins. What is The Lighthouse? Who is the Dreamseer? And what does any of this have to do with Ben Franklin?

_windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 09:58 PM   #2
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Welcome _windy I really like the concept behind this book, and if you'd allow me, I'd like to do a book cover for it in the near future?
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-11-2009, 10:02 PM   #3
_windy
Frances
_windy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures._windy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures._windy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
Welcome _windy I really like the concept behind this book, and if you'd allow me, I'd like to do a book cover for it in the near future?
Of course; that would be awesome!
Old 08-11-2009, 10:06 PM   #4
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Just so you know I'm not trying to flog anything, the covers are just something I do as a bit of a hobby and here are some examples of the ones I've done for other MR members
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BENFRANK&DINOSAURS31.png
Views:	412
Size:	559.2 KB
ID:	34014   Click image for larger version

Name:	SKULLY1.PNG
Views:	417
Size:	110.8 KB
ID:	34015   Click image for larger version

Name:	Delver-Magic1.jpg
Views:	426
Size:	125.9 KB
ID:	34016  
Old 08-11-2009, 10:38 PM   #5
nomesque
Snooty Bestselling Author
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
MoeJoe is ridiculously talented. In some societies he'd be horsewhipped round the square then drowned for witchcraft
nomesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-11-2009, 10:39 PM   #6
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomesque View Post
MoeJoe is ridiculously talented. In some societies he'd be horsewhipped round the square then drowned for witchcraft
Only if I weigh as much as a duck
Old 08-11-2009, 10:41 PM   #7
nomesque
Snooty Bestselling Author
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
Quote:
Only if I weigh as much as a duck

Weighing as much as a duck is easy.

Getting the lead back OUT of the duck is the hard part.
nomesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 11:01 PM   #8
_windy
Frances

These covers are good stuff, I can't wait!

And people always complain about the water test, like it's too hard to pass or something. Pfffft, quitters.
Old 08-12-2009, 01:43 PM   #9
Moejoe
Banned

Okay, so here's the first two ideas. One is more traditional, more photographic, the second is more teen/punk and bright.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	lighthousechroniclesphoto.png
Views:	390
Size:	828.5 KB
ID:	34079   Click image for larger version

Name:	lighthousechroniclesMODERN1.png
Views:	427
Size:	256.7 KB
ID:	34080  
Old 08-12-2009, 03:23 PM   #10
_windy
Frances

Moejoe... these are phenomenal. I'm terrible at graphic design, too, which adds even more awe to the whole thing. Thanks for the effort! I really enjoy the classic feel of the first cover, and the colors of the second really stand out.

I'll definitely use these (and credit them to you) in the future, thank you.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:25 PM   #11
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by _windy View Post
Moejoe... these are phenomenal. I'm terrible at graphic design, too, which adds even more awe to the whole thing. Thanks for the effort! I really enjoy the classic feel of the first cover, and the colors of the second really stand out.

I'll definitely use these (and credit them to you) in the future, thank you.

No problems, glad you like them. If you want any web graphics based on these, give me a shout. Should be easy enough to do (you're using Blogger so the sizes are pretty standard) with the original files at hand

EDIT: If you'd link back to my works on Feedbooks that would be awesome too... my writing is PJ Lyon there - http://feedbooks.com/userbooks/recen...yon&user=26065
Old 08-12-2009, 03:32 PM   #12
_windy
Frances

Quote:
No problems, glad you like them. If you want any web graphics based on these, give me a shout. Should be easy enough to do (you're using Blogger so the sizes are pretty standard) with the original files at hand

EDIT: If you'd link back to my works on Feedbooks that would be awesome too... my writing is PJ Lyon there - http://feedbooks.com/userbooks/recen...yon&user=26065
Web graphics would be great... the first book of Lighthouse is coming to an end, and I'd like to use either of these when the second launches. And of course, I'll link to your feedbooks page.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:58 PM   #13
Moejoe
Banned

I'm just noodling around now with some graphics. Here's a banner type-thingy, more a proof-of-concept than anything else.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	lighthousebanner1.png
Views:	418
Size:	271.0 KB
ID:	34098  
Old 08-12-2009, 04:46 PM   #14
_windy
Frances

Quote:
I'm just noodling around now with some graphics. Here's a banner type-thingy, more a proof-of-concept than anything else.
I like the graphic, though the tagline is a bit iffy... it's sort of suggestive of things that don't actually happen in the story. Perhaps without the tagline, because the rest is lovely?
Old 08-12-2009, 04:50 PM   #15
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by _windy View Post
I like the graphic, though the tagline is a bit iffy... it's sort of suggestive of things that don't actually happen in the story. Perhaps without the tagline, because the rest is lovely?
Definitely I was just playing with the form. I'll post some more tomorrow

Tags
blog, humor, supernatural, webnovel, young adult