Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 07-16-2011, 05:08 PM   #1
Twonko
Twonko began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Conversion question

Hello all. New guy here. I have a question. I would like the file output of converted files (to .mobi) to be in the format of {Author} - {Title}, but Calibre defaults the other way round. When I go to Preferences / Conversion / Ouput, Calibre crashes every time. Is this a bug? Is there another way of getting the file output I want? Cheers.
Twonko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 05:48 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twonko View Post
Hello all. New guy here. I have a question. I would like the file output of converted files (to .mobi) to be in the format of {Author} - {Title}, but Calibre defaults the other way round. When I go to Preferences / Conversion / Ouput, Calibre crashes every time. Is this a bug? Is there another way of getting the file output I want? Cheers.
If you are using the GUI and you're referring to the files in the calibre library you can't change the format of those files. The file format in the calibre library is for calibres use not yours, read this sticky for more info.

However you can format the file name any way you want it when exporting the file from calibre. You can export files using the Save to disk or the Send to device features. Just adjust the save templates under preferences - Saving books to disk or Preferences - Sending books to devices areas.

What version of calibre are you using? Calibre should not crash When going to Preferences - Output options.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 07-16-2011 at 05:52 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert