Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 11-07-2017, 12:51 PM   #16
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I can't get it to crash on my Windows machine either. Is there something other than making sure the html toc (which is listed in the guide as the toc) is open in Code View before generating the html toc? Do I need a specific test case epub?

My Windows machine is using Qt5.6.2 (same Qt the official Sigil release uses) and my Linux machine is using Qt5.9.2.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 11-07-2017 at 12:58 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 01:27 PM   #17
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
I deleted the test case but perhaps the op will pm you with it as he did me. All I had to do was open that ePub, and then open the current html toc in Codeview. By default I have the pane for the toc ncx open on the left and preview pane open on the right.

I only tested by removing the guide entry (all worked) and by manually closing HTML toc (again all worked).

If I didn't do either and tried to create HTML toc, the crash happened 100% of the time

Last edited by KevinH; 11-07-2017 at 01:29 PM.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 01:32 PM   #18
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

There must be something about that specific toc or epub, then. Because I haven't been able to recreate it yet. I'll see what I can do.
Old 11-07-2017, 01:36 PM   #19
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have pm'd and asked that they pm you the link to the problem ePub. I should have kept it a bit longer until we were sure we understood what is going on
Old 11-07-2017, 01:45 PM   #20
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Thanks. We'll get it eventually.
Old 11-07-2017, 08:29 PM   #21
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinThought View Post
Wow! I don't want to say that that was quick....but that was quick!

I can change my "workflow" so that I don't set the semantics before creating the TOC, instead doing it afterward. I might add, this issue has only come up with this author, because he has the Table Of Contents From Hell.

Thank you a bunch!
Using Sigil to Generate a HTML TOC sets all flags needed

My understanding:You need to clear the tag if you regenerate (and delete the old one, since now, it will not over write)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 11:45 PM   #22
JustinThought
Groupie
JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Tab-3 7"
I ran through the process with another book, and I made sure to remove the semantics labeling the open window as the Table of Contents, and when I generated the HTML one, it went through without any problems. So I think that works as a temporary avoidance method. Of course, Ctrl-S is super-simple to hit. I'm kind of OCD about saving every time I've made more changes than I want to lose.

Thanks, DiapDealer and KevinH!
JustinThought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 11:24 AM   #23
JustinThought
Groupie
JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Tab-3 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Thanks. We'll get it eventually.
I'm assuming you've gotten it by now. I'm curious, have you been able to reproduce the problem? --And more specifically, I'm wondering if there's anything I've placed into the file that is causing the issue.

The reason I ask is, I have another file from the same series that I've been able to crash 100% of the times I've tried it. (And NOT crash 100% of the times I've removed the semantics before generating the TOC.)

But it seems to be specific to making a copy of the original TOC page before generating the new TOC. When I don't do that, I don't get the crash.

Just wonderin' if I can be of more assistance.
JustinThought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 11:41 AM   #24
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Yes. Sorry. I meant that we'd eventually "get" the bug nailed down.

And yes, I've gotten Sigil to crash with both your test epub and others, but it's not been a 100% consistent thing for me. When performing the exact same steps, I'm experiencing different outcomes. Sometimes your epub (and all epubs) crash at the point of html toc generation, and sometimes your epub (and the same epubs that crashed before) don't crash at all.

I've not tried Kevin's latest change yet, but if it eliminates the problem altogether, I'll stop worrying about tracking down the exact nature of the bug at some point.
Old 11-10-2017, 09:51 AM   #25
exaltedwombat
Guru
exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
If you want to use ta customised layout for the HTML TOC, might it be a better idea to NOT use the automatic Create HTML TOC function but just add links manually to a normal HTML file, formatted to your specification?
exaltedwombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 06:11 PM   #26
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Since building/using a version of Sigil with Kevin's commit to address this issue, I've not been able to get Sigil to crash using the steps provided (with the test epub or any other) at all.

Therefore ... I'm officially going to stop worrying about why it was only sporadically crashing on me when using the old code.
Old 11-15-2017, 06:17 PM   #27
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Good to know. Thanks for testing it.
Old 11-28-2017, 06:08 PM   #28
Stevex
Addict
Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Will there be a new release of Sigial at some point, for those of us who dont want to have to compile it to get the fixes?
Stevex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 06:18 PM   #29
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Oh, yes. There will be a new release at some point. I can't speak for Kevin, but things have just been too hectic for me to prepare my parts of a new release (at least one that I can be assured doesn't introduce any new issues). The holidays looming, aren't helping any.
Old 11-29-2017, 06:17 AM   #30
Stevex
Addict
Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Oh, yes. There will be a new release at some point. I can't speak for Kevin, but things have just been too hectic for me to prepare my parts of a new release (at least one that I can be assured doesn't introduce any new issues). The holidays looming, aren't helping any.
Ok Thank you. Understand about time pressure... Hopefully January then ;-)

Cheers and thanks a lot
Stevex is offline   Reply With Quote