Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 09-30-2017, 01:40 PM   #1
The Old Man
Fanatic
The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPad Pro, Fire 8", iPhone, PaperWhite 2
Calibre Mobile for iPad

Has anyone tried the Calibre Mobile app? It sells for $4.99. With the new iPad Pro 10.7" it seems that Calibre Companion is no longer listed in the app store.
The Old Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 01:50 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Old Man View Post
Has anyone tried the Calibre Mobile app? It sells for $4.99. With the new iPad Pro 10.7" it seems that Calibre Companion is no longer listed in the app store.
Calibre Companion was pulled from the App Store because iOS 11 broke it. It no longer is able to send to iBooks.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 02:01 PM   #3
The Old Man
Fanatic
The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Calibre Companion was pulled from the App Store because iOS 11 broke it. It no longer is able to send to iBooks.
VERY sad news! CC is excellent on my iPad Mini 4 and I was about to upgrade to ios 11 when I heard this. At the Apple store I couldn't find it.

Is an update in the works? Is the Calibre Mobile app ($4.99) any good? I hate iTunes and need a work-around.
Old 09-30-2017, 02:05 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
VERY sad news! CC is excellent on my iPad Mini 4 and I was about to upgrade to ios 11 when I heard this. At the Apple store I couldn't find it.

Is an update in the works? Is the Calibre Mobile app ($4.99) any good? I hate iTunes and need a work-around.
The author of CC said he's going to see if he can fix CC. As for Calibre Mobile, it's just grabbing eBooks from your Calibre library. You have to have your Calibre library online and accessible online. It's not even close to the same. Also, I cannot say if it has the same iBooks problem that CC does.
Old 09-30-2017, 02:34 PM   #5
The Old Man
Fanatic

Quote:
The author of CC said he's going to see if he can fix CC. As for Calibre Mobile, it's just grabbing eBooks from your Calibre library. You have to have your Calibre library online and accessible online. It's not even close to the same. Also, I cannot say if it has the same iBooks problem that CC does.
Thanks. By "online" I guess you mean in Dropbox or similar or how about from computer using a browser and a http:\192.168.x.x:xxxx address?
Old 09-30-2017, 03:02 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Thanks. By "online" I guess you mean in Dropbox or similar or how about from computer using a browser and a http:\192.168.x.x:xxxx address?
http or FTP at least. But I don't know if iOS 11 broke it or not.
Old 09-30-2017, 03:26 PM   #7
The Old Man
Fanatic

I'll play around. Thanks.
Old 10-01-2017, 06:41 AM   #8
svenlind
Fanatic
svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Kobo Sage and Libra 2,Ipad mini 5
Quote:
It has indeed been removed from the appstore. But it does still works in IOS 11. You can transfer files from Calibre to CC and from CC you can transfer to the new IOS Archiver and from there to your chosen reading app.
Not so elegant as in IOS 10 but still doable.
svenlind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 07:42 AM   #9
The Old Man
Fanatic

In iOS 11 you can use the new Folder app to find epubs in your Dropbox and they will load immediately into iBooks - assuming you want to use iBooks as your reader. First have Calibre transfer books to your Dropbox folder or a folder within Dropbox.

Still not as nice as was CC and I'm hoping that will show up in the app store.
Old 10-01-2017, 12:30 PM   #10
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
My calibre library is in OneDrive so I can open things from that or the new Files app. CC (if it worked) would let you have views by Author, Publisher etc for more flexibility and also mark things as Read etc. so it would be nice to get it fixed.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 01:37 AM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
In iOS 11 you can use the new Folder app to find epubs in your Dropbox and they will load immediately into iBooks - assuming you want to use iBooks as your reader. First have Calibre transfer books to your Dropbox folder or a folder within Dropbox.

Still not as nice as was CC and I'm hoping that will show up in the app store.
Steve has said in the CC forum that he's found and fixed the bug in CC that was causing the problem with iOS 11, and that it'll be back in the App Store in the next few days.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 05:38 AM   #12
svenlind
Fanatic
svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Kobo Sage and Libra 2,Ipad mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Steve has said in the CC forum that he's found and fixed the bug in CC that was causing the problem with iOS 11, and that it'll be back in the App Store in the next few days.
This is great news
svenlind is offline   Reply With Quote