Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 01-12-2017, 09:43 PM   #1
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
How to turn off screen refreshes on Boyue T62?

When I use a browser on the T62, it flashes/refreshes the screen pretty often. I went into the Settings and set the refreshes to 10 and then 1, but it still refreshes. Is there any way to turn off refreshes? I don't need it automated as there is a dedicated button for it. I don't mind rooting or updating the firmware.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 09:05 AM   #2
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I installed Opera mini and the screen doesn't refresh at all! So presumably boyue controls the refresh by app. It either enforces it, or doesn't bother if its a custom app. I think Onyx do a better job of this by allowing the user to turn refresh/A2 mode on and off. Boyue doesn't seem to allow the user to take control of refreshes, even though it provides a hardware button for it! I'll test some more apps.
Advert
Old 01-16-2017, 10:56 AM   #3
Pajamaman
Wizard

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=265289

I upgraded to the latest 2016 fw and it includes an A2 fixed mode like the Onyx. Done!
Old 12-27-2018, 02:47 AM   #4
Avi Wadhwa
Avi Wadhwa began at the beginning.

Device: Energy Pro HD
Is there anything like this for the Energy Pro HD? I updated the firmware to the latest but there is no "A2" refresh mode
Avi Wadhwa is offline   Reply With Quote