Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-12-2021, 07:05 PM   #1501
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed
I'd come at it from a different angle.

Create two books with same title and author but different series, putting the format file(s) into what I regarded as the 'primary book'. And then cross reference and share the content via a calibre://show-book and calibre://view-book links in a #related/Related long text column.

As a reminder to click the view_book link to read the content, colour the book line if it has no formats.
That's one way to get at it, though it doesn't really work for how I personally use Calibre, but I suppose I could do it as a workaround. Though I would probably just have two copies of the book files. (They're not THAT big, and I don't really want another column if I can help it.)
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 07:10 PM   #1502
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by compurandom View Post
Only options for that are to either make custom series column to hold the second series, or use tags instead of series.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
And then use Grouped search terms (Preferences / Searching / Grouped searches) to combine the standard and custom series columns together for searching.
I don't use tags at all, so we'll pass on that part. And I'd kind of like to avoid another column, just for real estate reasons, but I suppose I could go that route if I had to.
Old 02-12-2021, 07:34 PM   #1503
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone SE 2020, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Is there a plugin that allows me to have a book in multiple series? For example, Dana Stabenow has two active series -- Kate Shugak and Liam Campbell. The 19th book in the Kate Shugak series is also the 5th book in the Liam Campbell series. Ideally, I'd like to be able to list it as "Kate Shugak [19.0],Liam Campbell [5.0]" in the series column.
I'm wondering if on a Kobo, you can have two database entries that point to one eBook in two different series.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 08:09 PM   #1504
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
And then use Grouped search terms (Preferences / Searching / Grouped searches) to combine the standard and custom series columns together for searching.
Oooh! Good idea. I've done that with tags, but didn't think to it with double series columns.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 09:41 PM   #1505
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I'm wondering if on a Kobo, you can have two database entries that point to one eBook in two different series.
As you well know, Jon, I don't have a Kobo. Nor any interest in having one.
Old 02-15-2021, 12:52 PM   #1506
milady133
Zealot
milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Nope, unfortunately the series of the book is a column in the table of the main book information, even if you were able to create a second row in the table with the same information but the series (I haven't checked the primary key on the table to see if it's doable) the software it's not expecting it, so in the best case it would retrieve only one of the rows, so you'll see only one of the series, and when updating other columns (percentage read, read status, and others) it would update one of them (it might even update different columns in different rows, so you might see different information depending on which row retrieve first) in the worst case it would complain and force you to create a new database.
milady133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 05:47 PM   #1507
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone SE 2020, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by milady133 View Post
Nope, unfortunately the series of the book is a column in the table of the main book information, even if you were able to create a second row in the table with the same information but the series (I haven't checked the primary key on the table to see if it's doable) the software it's not expecting it, so in the best case it would retrieve only one of the rows, so you'll see only one of the series, and when updating other columns (percentage read, read status, and others) it would update one of them (it might even update different columns in different rows, so you might see different information depending on which row retrieve first) in the worst case it would complain and force you to create a new database.
No need to create a new database because you'd have backed up the database before trying this and you would not add any more books until you've tried it. That way you can restore the database if need be.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 06:14 PM   #1508
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Clara HD, Nexus 7 HD, iPad Pro, Tolino epos
Quote:
No need to create a new database because you'd have backed up the database before trying this and you would not add any more books until you've tried it. That way you can restore the database if need be.
Jon, are you planning on rewriting Kobo's code to allow use of those additional table entries?
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
epub fix, epub-fix, google books, metadata calibre title, pdf, pdf and calibre, plugin development