Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-16-2022, 06:31 AM   #1
Luffy
Wizard
Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Goodereader store

Amazon doesn't ship to Mauritius, my lieu of residence. Also, I used to buy my Kindles from Ebay, but now most sellers don't ship to my island since Covid (don't know why).

I have bought once via PlanetExpress but there was a lot of hassle.

I am reluctantly turning my interest to Goodereader. They say they will ship to me. Has anyone - unlikely as it is - bought from them? How reliable are their service?
Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 06:51 AM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2, Kindle Oasis 3
I bought my Nook from them in 2019. All went well.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-16-2022, 08:35 AM   #3
Luffy
Wizard
Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks! Hope others chime in.
Old 05-16-2022, 05:38 PM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Sadly, I would not recommend the Goodereader store. One acquaintance of mine purchased the Pocketbook Color ereader from them and the delivery time was a lot longer than quoted. Not great when you consider that we live in the same city as Goodereader's "corporate" headquarters.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 02:02 AM   #5
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Sadly, I would not recommend the Goodereader store. One acquaintance of mine purchased the Pocketbook Color ereader from them and the delivery time was a lot longer than quoted. Not great when you consider that we live in the same city as Goodereader's "corporate" headquarters.
I've put a couple PocketBooks in Goodreader's "cart" (or whatever name they use) and was given a very vague delivery date and told that I would be responsible for customs fees.

Here's a question/answer about their shipping, found on Google...

Quote:
Where does Goodereader ship from?

SHIPPING. Items from our store will be fulfilled from one of 5 locations; Vancouver, Canada, Chicago, IL, USA, Hong Kong, China or Tokyo, Japan. If you are unsure as to where they ship from, please email us or call us prior to your purchase.
I'm guessing they mostly drop-ship from Asia.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-17-2022, 03:44 AM   #6
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
I wouldn't use Goodereader in a million years. Check out re-mailing/parcel forwarding services.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 04:17 AM   #7
Luffy
Wizard

Well, thank you all who have so far replied. Will keep that in mind when I'll be purchasing an e-reader. More feedback is welcome, but I have almost made up my mind.
Old 05-17-2022, 06:44 AM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone SE 2020, PW3
When GoodEReader sold their ultimate 13" Reader, it was a disaster overall. The even went so far as to delete negative comments.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 08:20 AM   #9
NullNix
Guru
NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Oasis 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
I've put a couple PocketBooks in Goodreader's "cart" (or whatever name they use) and was given a very vague delivery date and told that I would be responsible for customs fees.

Here's a question/answer about their shipping, found on Google...

Quote:
SHIPPING. Items from our store will be fulfilled from one of 5 locations; Vancouver, Canada, Chicago, IL, USA, Hong Kong, China or Tokyo, Japan.
I'm guessing they mostly drop-ship from Asia.
... also, isn't that four locations? I guess they had another one and dropped it without editing the rest of the line or something. All told, about the level of attention to detail I'd expect from goodereader.
NullNix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 10:23 AM   #10
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Both Kinds: epub based makes and Kindle
In fairness their shop might be more accurate than the articles? Money is involved!
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 02:45 PM   #11
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by NullNix View Post
... also, isn't that four locations? I guess they had another one and dropped it without editing the rest of the line or something. All told, about the level of attention to detail I'd expect from goodereader.
Yeah, I noticed that and was going to mention it, but then thought, "maybe they've listed the fifth location somewhere else?" — and, since I didn't want to bother looking that up, I let it go. But you're probably right. Slipshod.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 03:38 PM   #12
Gripweed
Enthusiast
Gripweed shines like a glazed doughnut.Gripweed shines like a glazed doughnut.Gripweed shines like a glazed doughnut.Gripweed shines like a glazed doughnut.Gripweed shines like a glazed doughnut.Gripweed shines like a glazed doughnut.Gripweed shines like a glazed doughnut.Gripweed shines like a glazed doughnut.Gripweed shines like a glazed doughnut.Gripweed shines like a glazed doughnut.Gripweed shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: PW5-v11
Quote:
Originally Posted by NullNix View Post
Grammatically it is a total mess. PERHAPS Hong Kong was supposed to be a separate entity from China? Ship from Hong Kong, ship from China. I'm not going to get into the whole politics of the situation.
Gripweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 04:43 PM   #13
hobnail
Running with scissors
hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I bought a Boox from them several years ago and it did arrive but it was a bit of a nerve wracking experience. At that time, unlike all other vendors, there's no feedback or way to check on your order. As I say, it did arrive, and came directly from China.

Have you tried AliExpress? They sell everything under the sun electronic and are popular with the do it yourself electronics crowd.
hobnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 10:44 PM   #14
Luffy
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobnail View Post
I bought a Boox from them several years ago and it did arrive but it was a bit of a nerve wracking experience. At that time, unlike all other vendors, there's no feedback or way to check on your order. As I say, it did arrive, and came directly from China.

Have you tried AliExpress? They sell everything under the sun electronic and are popular with the do it yourself electronics crowd.
Will try that route, thanks hobnail.
Old 05-18-2022, 02:20 PM   #15
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone SE 2020, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy View Post
Will try that route, thanks hobnail.
When you buy your Kindle, use a credit card or PayPal to pay for it. This is in case it comes blacklisted like a lot of them do from eBay.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote