Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 05-06-2022, 07:48 AM   #1
genossin
genossin began at the beginning.

Device: none
Problems with font-obfuscation

Hello
in various epub 3 I use freely usable fonts, which also appear correctly in the Fonts folder, and are also displayed correctly on various reading devices. With Sigil I set the font obfuscation to "none", because I don't want Adobe (I create the epubs with indesign) or other instances to assign rights management to the fonts). During a validation, I see that I am using "encypted fonts". I don't do that, because in Sigil I make the scriptures free. So, if I open the epub in Sigil again, the font obfuscation is back on IDPF algorithm.

is this a bug? When switching, saving and reopening again, the same result. Likewise, if I delete the fonts and manually reinsert them into Sigil. Does anyone know any advice? Did I miss an attitude?

I use Sigil version 1.9.2, import epub3 from Indesign 2022 and check with pagina epub-checker, ACE Daisy Tool. Fonts I use e.B. Open sans.otf or alegreya.otf. Thanks for a tip
genossin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 08:09 AM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Yes. It's a known bug that has been fixed in master, and will be in the next release.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...41&postcount=9
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-16-2022, 01:03 PM   #3
veselin
veselin began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Hi,
I will ask here because my problem is similar.
I'm using Indesign CC 2018 to generate epub files and then I'm further editing and refining with Sigil 1.9.1.
The fonts I'm using are Google fonts – Noto Serif family.
The first file generated by Indesign set font obfuscation to IDPF's method and all the texts look right in the Preview panel.
Then if I use the "Restructure Epub to Sigil Norm" tool, Sigil not only moves and renames files and folders, but also sets the font obfuscation to None.
So, as a result, the Preview panel uses the standard serif font (Times New Roman) not my embedded fonts (Noto Serif).
Also, the "Inspect page" shows 2 errors:
1. Failed to decode downloaded font: .....Temp/Sigil-wuffKx/OEBPS/Fonts/NotoSerif-Bold.TTF
2. OTS parsing error: invalid version tag

So, it appears that the behaviour of "Restructure Epub to Sigil Norm" tool is a bit different than previous versions, because with ver.1.3 I don't have such a problem.

I don't know if this bug is the same as with the original poster, but it's annoying.

My workaround that I found is to manually set the font obfuscation for every embedded font file back to IDPF's method and everything looks right again.
veselin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 05:00 PM   #4
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Yes, same bug as above. Restructure has nothing to do with it. Fonts are always kept unobfuscated when inside Sigil and their state is remembered in their resource not by file path. When saving, any meta-inf encryption.xml. should have been properly recreated but is blocked by the existing file, thus a bug.

The upcoming Sigil 1.9.10 will have the fix. Hopefully within the next 2 or 3 weeks.

By the way, Sigil 1.9.1 has some bad search / replace bugs which is why Sigil 1.9.2 was released so quickly afterwards and the release Sigil -1.9.1 binaries removed. Updating Sigil would be a good idea.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 11:05 PM   #5
veselin
veselin began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Thank you Kevin! I'll update my Sigil to 1.9.2 version.
veselin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-17-2022, 05:01 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by veselin View Post
Thank you Kevin! I'll update my Sigil to 1.9.2 version.
FWIW version numbering is numeric-text. .10 is 8 releases past .2
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote