Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-27-2022, 06:50 PM   #211
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Yeah, I'd highly recommend investing in a <insert favorite non-braindead distro here> VM .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 07:18 PM   #212
lazybandgeek
lazybandgeek began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Yeah, I'd highly recommend investing in a <insert favorite non-braindead distro here> VM .
Pretty much (I'll just aim light weight). Did enough digging to look around and see a few of the things that were being talked about, but there's no way I can play with any of this until it's the weekend, yay responsibilities.
lazybandgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2022, 06:26 PM   #213
CyberPaul
Groupie
CyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Voyage - Tolino Vision 4 HD - Kobo Sage
Tried to install on my Kobo Sage but it crashes at start.
Black screen, message stating that it was successfully initialized and then Nickel is reloaded.
Please see below the log. Any help would be much appreciated.
Code:
kobofb: Finished initialization.
Checking internet connection...
Connecting to Wifi...
"INTERFACE: eth0 WIFI_MODULE: dhd PLATFORM: b300-ntx PRODUCT: cadmus\n"
"[enable-wifi.sh] Closed fd 10 -> /dev/input/event0\n"
"ifconfig: SIOCGIFFLAGS: No such device\n"
"wlarm_le: wl driver adapter not found\n"
"/bin/sh: "
"//: Permission denied"
"\n"
"dhcpcd[2541]: dhcpcd not running\n"
"\n"
"dhcpcd[2549]: version 6.6.6 starting\n"
"dhcpcd[2549]: eth0: interface not found or invalid\n"
"dhcpcd[2549]: exited\n"
Connected unsuccessfully in 3536 ms.
Received signal 11
 backtrace returned 17 frames

[bt]: (0) /mnt/onboard/.adds/UltimateMangaReader/UltimateMangaReader(_Z11doBacktracei+0x5d) [0x47ee6]
[bt]: (1) /lib/libc.so.6(__default_sa_restorer_v2+0) [0xb5be0160]
[bt]: (2) /mnt/onboard/.adds/qt-linux-5.15-kde-kobo/lib/libQt5Core.so.5(_ZN9QHashData6rehashEi+0xb9) [0xb5fe586e]
[bt]: (3) /mnt/onboard/.adds/qt-linux-5.15-kde-kobo/lib/libQt5Widgets.so.5(_ZN7QWidgetD2Ev+0x3e3) [0xb6a50408]
[bt]: (4) /mnt/onboard/.adds/qt-linux-5.15-kde-kobo/lib/libQt5Widgets.so.5(_ZN6QFrameD2Ev+0x1b) [0xb6ad6378]
[bt]: (5) /mnt/onboard/.adds/qt-linux-5.15-kde-kobo/lib/libQt5Widgets.so.5(_ZN6QLabelD1Ev+0x23) [0xb6b11a70]
[bt]: (6) /mnt/onboard/.adds/qt-linux-5.15-kde-kobo/lib/libQt5Widgets.so.5(_ZN6QLabelD0Ev+0x9) [0xb6b11a86]
[bt]: (7) /mnt/onboard/.adds/qt-linux-5.15-kde-kobo/lib/libQt5Core.so.5(_ZN14QObjectPrivate14deleteChildrenEv+0x53) [0xb61423f0]
[bt]: (8) /mnt/onboard/.adds/qt-linux-5.15-kde-kobo/lib/libQt5Widgets.so.5(_ZN7QWidgetD2Ev+0x2bb) [0xb6a502e0]
[bt]: (9) /mnt/onboard/.adds/qt-linux-5.15-kde-kobo/lib/libQt5Widgets.so.5(_ZN7QDialogD1Ev+0x21) [0xb6baa292]
[bt]: (10) /mnt/onboard/.adds/UltimateMangaReader/UltimateMangaReader(_ZN20DownloadStatusDialogD1Ev+0x27) [0x89094]
[bt]: (11) /mnt/onboard/.adds/UltimateMangaReader/UltimateMangaReader(_ZN20DownloadStatusDialogD0Ev+0x9) [0x890aa]
[bt]: (12) /mnt/onboard/.adds/qt-linux-5.15-kde-kobo/lib/libQt5Core.so.5(_ZN14QObjectPrivate14deleteChildrenEv+0x53) [0xb61423f0]
[bt]: (13) /mnt/onboard/.adds/qt-linux-5.15-kde-kobo/lib/libQt5Widgets.so.5(_ZN7QWidgetD2Ev+0x2bb) [0xb6a502e0]
[bt]: (14) /mnt/onboard/.adds/UltimateMangaReader/UltimateMangaReader(_ZN10MainWidgetD1Ev+0x18b) [0x90914]
[bt]: (15) /mnt/onboard/.adds/UltimateMangaReader/UltimateMangaReader(main+0xed) [0x3a656]
[bt]: (16) /lib/libc.so.6(__libc_start_main+0x114) [0xb5bc85d8]

Last edited by CyberPaul; 04-29-2022 at 06:36 PM.
CyberPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2022, 04:01 AM   #214
CyberPaul
Groupie
CyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheese

Tried to reinstall KFMon and UMR is still not working. The log is different though, but still seems that it is not able to get a connection. I don't understand why. Please consider that I'm using the last firmware 4.32.
Code:
kobofb: Finished initialization.
ping: sendto: Network is unreachable
Connecting to Wifi...
"INTERFACE: eth0 WIFI_MODULE: dhd PLATFORM: b300-ntx PRODUCT: cadmus\n"
"[enable-wifi.sh] Closed fd 10 -> /dev/input/event0\n"
"ifconfig: SIOCGIFFLAGS: No such device\n"
"wlarm_le: wl driver adapter not found\n"
"\n"
"dhcpcd[1853]: dhcpcd not running\n"
"\n"
"dhcpcd[1861]: version 6.6.6 starting\n"
"dhcpcd[1861]: eth0: interface not found or invalid\n"
"dhcpcd[1861]: exited\n"
ping: sendto: Network is unreachable
Connected unsuccessfully in 1811 ms.
Old 04-30-2022, 01:35 PM   #215
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You haven't done anything wrong: Neither the Sage nor the Elipsa are supported.
Advert
Old 04-30-2022, 07:34 PM   #216
IdotMaster1
IdotMaster1 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question

Will it work on a Lobo Mini?
IdotMaster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 02:13 AM   #217
lazybandgeek

Making headway on getting the virtual box setup. I've got ubuntu moving and am currently working on the gen-tc/toolchain stuff right now. Been fighting the VM so far and not giving it enough resources. And I've got the ssl stuff downloaded, waiting on the toolchain setup to finish before starting on that. Hopefully I'll make a bit more progress tomorrow!
Old 05-01-2022, 06:10 AM   #218
CyberPaul
Groupie

Quote:
You haven't done anything wrong: Neither the Sage nor the Elipsa are supported.
Thanks for confirming. Is there a plan to support them? They are ironically the most appropriate Kobo readers to read manga!
Old 05-01-2022, 11:28 AM   #219
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@CyberPaul: Time is in extremely short supply, and the author doesn't have access to those devices.

So, unless someone digs into it, no.
Old 05-01-2022, 08:42 PM   #220
lazybandgeek

I need to walk before I run here. After some fiddling while waiting for things to build in the vm, I see two things happening with th Libra 2. The first is it appears to be rotated (I think a -90 rotate gets it oriented), the second is once rotated, the size/scaling is off. Basically the umr thinks the screen is bigger than it is (I was able to fumble into viewing a manga and only got part of the image). I'm trying to find so parameters for the QPA stuff right now. I'll report back if I get anything figured out!
Old 05-01-2022, 11:18 PM   #221
lazybandgeek

Anybody happen to have a hand list of what the QT_QPA_PLATFORM (or other QT variables) are supported?
Old 05-02-2022, 02:01 AM   #222
lazybandgeek

Well this is weird. I thought I had rotation working, but apparently not. So with the newest build on the libra 2, it's treating the left of the screen as the top. I've tried all the different rotate settings in the QPA string and it doesn't seem to rotate/recognize any of them.

I've also tried playing with the QT_QPA_GENERIC_PLUGINS and QT_QPA_EVDEV_TOUCHSCREEN_PARAMETERS values. I did see the latter actually have an effect on the inputs, where I could actually get the rotation and invert correct with parameters set to the following:

export QT_QPA_PLATFORM="kobo:logicaldpitarget=108"
export QT_QPA_EVDEV_TOUCHSCREEN_PARAMETERS="/dev/input/event1:rotate=90:invertx=1"
export QT_QPA_GENERIC_PLUGINS="evdevtouch:/dev/input/event1"

the problem with these seemed to be that it wasn't always consistent, in that it was triggering extra inputs from locations closer to say the middle of the screen/selecting to open something. Looks almost like it's an every other type of thing, maybe two different "event#" things happening where one is rotated correctly now and the other isn't? But event1 is the only one I can seem to set of my various options (0-3, and mouse0) that actually gets it right some of the time.

At least if I can get to a book, I can read it and just use the buttons for navigation.

The other fun one is that when I have the above so it's mostly working, it looks like starting nickel back up after closing the app is causing a crash to where I have to put the kobotoot.tgz back in and reload nickel. So who knows there.

That's enough for tonight, I need some sleep before work tomorrow.
Old 05-13-2022, 07:28 PM   #223
hotaflang
hotaflang began at the beginning.

Device: kobo sage
Quote:
@CyberPaul: Time is in extremely short supply, and the author doesn't have access to those devices.

So, unless someone digs into it, no.

I found this forum/thread after searching for a way to rent manga on kobo (havent found anything yet), I was excited to see this but since it doesnt work on sage and I am not a developer of any sorts, I would be willing to pay someone to figure this out for all of us
hotaflang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 04:04 AM   #224
SilvaLuca
SilvaLuca began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficerAction View Post
I can give it a try on the weekend
Man if you got it working that would be awesome! I did some testing by downgrading the firmware and mix and matching various kfmon/nickelmenus but no dice.

The only thing that made it work was replacing the 2.14 qt library with the 2.12's one. But i think this causes other problems since whenever I try opening a manga it crashes almost instantly.

I could give you logs if I found a way to get them
SilvaLuca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 03:47 AM   #225
kiwilex
kiwilex began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Hi,

I rebuild all and worked on the qpa module. I managed to make it works for libra h20 first gen. May be it will fix for other device but I don't think so.

I have created a pull request

By the way.

- I have tested the pull request 58 it works. There still some manga that we couldn't get chapters.
- For src like mangatown, mangakalot, I can access to manga description but no image can be downloaded due to cloudflare protection. It would require to have a cloudflare client connection I believe.
- I have a bug when exiting the app I get sometimes black screen or the home resolution is messed.

Last edited by kiwilex; 05-20-2022 at 04:27 AM.
kiwilex is offline   Reply With Quote