Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-30-2022, 08:25 PM   #61
Desertway
Addict
Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
A few different Palm Pilots
Aluratek Libra
Kindle Keyboard
Kindle Paperwhite 3
Kobo Clara HD
Desertway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2022, 09:12 PM   #62
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
Sometimes I wonder if people take "return on investment" into account when getting a new e-reader.
I look at it like this, if a new ereader has features I want and I can afford to buy it, I'll buy it.

I did buy a Libra 2 this year even though I'd bought a Sage, but this was because I'd come into some unexpected money, and I wanted to test the two out.

I have tended to buy each new flagship Kobo since I bought the Aura h2o v1 (I did not get v2 since I believe the Aura One was out by then). I also passed on the Elipsa. If the Elipsa was a 300DPI device, and I didn't need to spend the extra $ becuase it's only available bundled with a case and a stylus (neither of which I'd use) I might have considered it.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 11:55 AM   #63
Lykke
Groupie
Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
2017–2021: Pocketbook TL3
2021–????: Kobo Libra 2

I like to keep things till they break. Though in this case it was more temptation than anything else.
Lykke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 01:26 PM   #64
E'lir
Seeker of stories.
E'lir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E'lir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E'lir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E'lir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E'lir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E'lir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E'lir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E'lir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E'lir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E'lir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E'lir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
2015: Kobo Touch 2.0 (now defunct)
2022: Kobo Libra 2

Hopefully, the Libra 2 will last me a long time.
E'lir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 01:29 PM   #65
Desdinova
Eternal light
Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Aura, Touch, H2O - now Aura One and Kindle Oasis 3
Original Kobo Touch, Glo, Aura , Kindle Paperwhite, Aura One, Kindle Oasis, Sage
Desdinova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 06:32 AM   #66
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
Great question!!

Various Palm Pilots
Various Sony Clies
Kindle Keyboard (3rd gen)
iPad (used Kobo, Kindle, Nook, and iBooks apps mostly)
Kobo mini (bought for my daughters)
Kindle 5th Gen
B&N Nook (1st gen)
Kindle Paperwhite 3 (still have. Turned into Japanese Kindle)
Kobo Aura One LE x 2 (curse their flimsy USB ports! I loved those readers)
Kindle Paperwhite 4
Kobo Clara HD x 2
Kobo Elipsa

I’ve had iPhones since 2007, but only ever read one ebook on them for the novelty. The iPhone is used only for work. I’ve owned iPads since 2010. Love reading ebooks on them.

When I upgrade, I sell the old gear. I usually don’t miss them, but I do regret selling my Kobo mini.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 12:39 PM   #67
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
2009 Aztek EZReader *
???? Another one, but the clock remained set on power down was fixed **
2011 K4nt ***
2018 Kobo Aura2 (v2)
2021 Kobo Libra2

* died a final death in 2011 (the USB became charge only, then the unit was drop tested and the board became intermittent when flexed)
** Still runs on USB power, but the battery is shot
*** Battery has been replaced .
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 03:55 PM   #68
tracyeo
Connoisseur
tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505;PRS-600;Sony PRS-350;Kobo Mini;Kobo Clara HD
Sony PRS-505
Sony PRS-600
Sony PRS-350
Kobo Mini
Kobo Clara
tracyeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 04:19 PM   #69
Cyclops
Only need one eye to read
Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch N905C, Sony PRS-300, Nintendo DSi XL,
Just two, Sony PRS 300 and a Kobo Touch, and I still use them
Cyclops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 08:49 PM   #70
Ksquared
Groupie
Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Original Kobo Aura 6", Libra H2O
2011 - Kobo WiFi
2015 - Kobo Aura
2018 - Kobo Aura HD (Referbished)
2021 - Kobo Libra H2O (About 1 month before the Libra 2 was announced...)
Ksquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 10:05 PM   #71
the.Mtn.Man
Guru
the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
First device I used to read ebooks was running PalmOS, a Tungsten T, I think?

Later I bought the "100 Classic Book Collection" cartridge for the Nintendo DS and quite enjoyed that even though it was far from ideal as an electronic book device.

I eventually discovered the wonderful world of dedicated e-readers and bought the Kobo Touch, later replaced by a Kobo Aura, and now I'm using a Kobo Clara HD.
the.Mtn.Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 02:59 AM   #72
Heiijeil
Heiijeil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Heiijeil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Heiijeil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Heiijeil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Heiijeil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Heiijeil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Heiijeil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Heiijeil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Heiijeil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Heiijeil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Heiijeil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Libra H2O
Updating my list since I caved and bought the Libra 2 when it went on sale recently.

2007 - Apple iPod Touch (it was painful to read on such a small screen)
2011 - Kindle Keyboard
2013 - Kindle Paperwhite
2017 - Kobo Aura (cheap refurb that was a great intro to Kobo for me)
2019 - Kobo Clara HD
2020 - Kobo Libra H2O
2022 - Kobo Libra 2 (I couldn't resist)
Heiijeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 03:49 AM   #73
Ashjuk
Fanatic
Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Sony PRS 600/650
I started reading eBooks on an HP IPAQ (does anyone remember them?) around 2005-6.

My first dedicated ereader was a Sony PRS 600 that I bought in 2010.

I upgraded to the 650 a year or so later for the improved image quality. I used the 650 for about 5 years until the battery life became an issue.

I then switched to Kobo, and in 2017 I bought an Aura One. It is still going strong and I doubt I will be replacing it anytime soon.

On odd occasions I have also read books on an iPad Mini, and during a unplanned stay in hospital last year I read a couple of books using my iPhone.

So for eReaders:
2010-12 Sony PRS 600
2012-17 Sony PRS 650
2017- Kobo Aura One

Other devices:
HP IPAQ
Apple iPad Mini
Apple iPhone
Ashjuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 05:40 AM   #74
Luffy
Wizard
Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
2011 - Kindle Keyboard
???? – Kobo Glo
???? – Paperwhite 3
???? – Kobo Aura H2O
2020 – Kindle Paperwhite 4
2021 – Kobo Elipsa
Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 01:46 PM   #75
aborel
Enthusiast
aborel has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kobo Aura
2013 (I think) - Kobo Aura

I don't see any reason to change at the moment.
aborel is offline   Reply With Quote