Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-20-2009, 11:25 AM   #1
sayhello
Addict
sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (Blue!), PRS-650 (Black), iPad, iPod Touch
Anyone find Reader Library 3.1 to be slower than ****?

I find that switching devices (say, going from my Library to the Reader), deleting books, etc, is INCREDIBLY slow since I upgraded to the Reader Library 3.1. Plus, if I view a book in the Reader, I then can't eject the Reader. It takes hitting the eject button twice (the first time it tells me a book is in use, even though I've "closed" it and gone back to the main view. The other versions didn't do that...

Does anyone know if there's any way to change the font in Reader Library? The font on the list of books is TEENSY TINY. My old eyes have a VERY hard time reading it! So NOT an upgrade to me...

Sayhello
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 05:57 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Personally, I find Reader Library 3.1 works just fine on three different computers.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2009, 06:17 PM   #3
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello View Post
I find that switching devices (say, going from my Library to the Reader), deleting books, etc, is INCREDIBLY slow since I upgraded to the Reader Library 3.1. Plus, if I view a book in the Reader, I then can't eject the Reader. It takes hitting the eject button twice (the first time it tells me a book is in use, even though I've "closed" it and gone back to the main view. The other versions didn't do that...

Does anyone know if there's any way to change the font in Reader Library? The font on the list of books is TEENSY TINY. My old eyes have a VERY hard time reading it! So NOT an upgrade to me...

Sayhello
If you are having trouble with the small font with the list of books try switching to thumbnail view.
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 09:17 PM   #4
sayhello
Addict
sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (Blue!), PRS-650 (Black), iPad, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam Broshkina View Post
If you are having trouble with the small font with the list of books try switching to thumbnail view.
Thanks for the suggestion, but you can't see the full title/author in thumbnail view. Sigh. It seems like increasing the font size would be a simple thing to have...

Sayhello
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 09:25 PM   #5
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
I think the speed is the same for me. I just miss (strangely) the spinning arrows. I don't like how the screen keeps flickering while loading.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2009, 11:03 AM   #6
JoeH
JoeH began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Portable Reader PRS-500 and PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello View Post
I find that switching devices (say, going from my Library to the Reader), deleting books, etc, is INCREDIBLY slow since I upgraded to the Reader Library 3.1. ...

Sayhello
Yes, it became incredibly, unusably slow for me too when connected to my PRS-500, but worked OK with my newly-purchased PRS-600. Connectivity with the 500 became so bad that I planned to turn it in for a $75 rebate, until I read in another forum that the PRS-500 ePub upgrade allowed its connection as a removable USB device recognized by Internet Explorer.
JoeH is offline   Reply With Quote