Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 10-23-2018, 09:03 PM   #1
BBIowa
BBIowa began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 10
Exclamation Files automatically vanishing after opening

I've tried plugging my Amazon Fire 10 into my PC and transferring .mobi & .azw3 files from my PC to various folders on the device, and it functions just fine.

However, promptly after opening these files - the book will come rushing to a halt, staying only on the page you left off on. Backing out of the app reveals that the file has been deleted!

Is there any way around this? How do I prevent my device from deleting content I put onto it?
BBIowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 01:56 AM   #2
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
strange. try sending those same books to device using send to kindle device email address, ( but you will have to convert the AZW to mobi first.
you would normally sideload to the books folder.

maybe the device is confusing those books with versions that you once bought and then deleted from cloud, or maybe it is auto archiving because it is short on space
what happens if you sideload other test files e.g. simple txt files or music or video files?
if it is the kindle app that seems to be misbehaving, you can go to settings and force stop, clear cache, clear data for that app, then re-try.

after that, a soft reset is often a good thing to do with fire tablets. To do that, hold down power button - ignore the do you want to shut down prompt, wait for 30+ seconds and it will shut down. then restart and retest. soft reset does not remove any apps or data. It is what amazon usually suggest for troubleshooting, if that does not fix it you are looking at factory reset , which does remove stuff, though you can use backup and restore for a quick rebuild
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert