Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-20-2016, 01:25 PM   #151
BetterRead
Zealot
BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android Tablet
Question re: Humble Bundle comics

After purchasing a bundle, I've got the option of downloading CBZ, EPUB, PDF, or PDF HQ. Which one is best for comics? (I have apps on my tablet that can read any of these formats.)
BetterRead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 04:03 PM   #152
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Yotaphone 2
CBZ is probably best for comics, but personally I'd also download the PDF HQ. (Well, actually I download all of them except the low-res PDF - storage is cheap.)
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-22-2016, 04:58 PM   #153
GA Russell
Calgary wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles 8, 4 and jetBook Lite
Snoopy the Great Entertainer - $1.99
https://www.amazon.com/Snoopy-Great-.../dp/B00YO78S9U
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 10:05 AM   #154
TrevorViking
Wizard
TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Great deal on some Walt Simonson Thor. The four visionaries books covering ~40 issues are $18 total with code WALT until 5/27/16.
https://www.comixology.com/Thor-1966...cs-series/4951
TrevorViking is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 09:02 PM   #155
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
May is National Hamburger Month, and to get you ready for National Hamburger Day (this Saturday) celebrate with up to 88% off a collection of comics featuring Archie’s burger-loving best buddy—Jughead! From classic favorites to the all-new Jughead from Chip Zdarsky & Erica Henderson—choose from over 70 issues for just $0.99 each! http://www.barnesandnoble.com/b/nook...-find/_/N-1p60.

This is a NOOK "Daily Find," so I'm assuming that the deal will expire at the end of today. Sorry not to post this earlier, but I just now saw the deal myself. G

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 05-23-2016 at 09:04 PM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-24-2016, 01:54 PM   #156
TrevorViking
Wizard
TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Comixology Unlimited is now a thing. $6 a month for what appears to be all companies outside the big two. Not even remotely interested personally. I have thousands of dollars worth of purchased comics to read and re-read before I consider a rental plan.

But for new users? Yeah, never buy a comic again and just join this and MU (and I imagine the soon-to-be DCU).
TrevorViking is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 03:31 PM   #157
nprentiss
Enthusiast
nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorViking View Post
Comixology Unlimited is now a thing. $6 a month for what appears to be all companies outside the big two. Not even remotely interested personally. I have thousands of dollars worth of purchased comics to read and re-read before I consider a rental plan.

But for new users? Yeah, never buy a comic again and just join this and MU (and I imagine the soon-to-be DCU).
From my first browse of available books under Comixology Unlimited, I'd say the selections are pretty, uh, LIMITED.... For many ongoing titles, they offer only the first volume of the series (or the first 6 to 12 issues) in the Unlimited plan--you'd have to purchase volumes 2, 3, etc. to continue the story. It would be a great option for people wanting to read the beginnings of different series, but the program seems designed mostly to get people hooked & encourage purchase of later issues...
nprentiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 09:33 PM   #158
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NOOK HD, Samsung GS7, Laptop, Desktop. RIP: Palms, NOOK Tablet, SGS4
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
May is National Hamburger Month, and to get you ready for National Hamburger Day (this Saturday) ...
Immediately brings to mind the hamburger-loving pal o' Popeye the Sailor Man's, J. Wellington Wimpy, who will "gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today".

Last edited by Froide; 05-26-2016 at 05:09 PM.
Froide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 10:19 PM   #159
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Froide View Post
Immediately brings to mind the hamburger-loving pal o' Popeye the Sailor Man's: J. Wellington Wimpy, who will "gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today".
Ha. I remember the guy, but I never watched Popeye much. Just wasn't my thing.

It was really a stretch the way that B&N tied in Archie comics with National Hamburger Day. But it was also pretty canny.

I hope McDonald's or Wendy's or Burger King has a special on hamburgers Saturday . . . .

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 05-24-2016 at 10:21 PM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 01:05 PM   #160
BetterRead
Zealot
BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by nprentiss View Post
From my first browse of available books under Comixology Unlimited, I'd say the selections are pretty, uh, LIMITED.... For many ongoing titles, they offer only the first volume of the series (or the first 6 to 12 issues) in the Unlimited plan--you'd have to purchase volumes 2, 3, etc. to continue the story.
I thought Comixology Unlimited might enable me to catch up on some of the non-DC/non-Marvel series I've fallen behind on, so I just did my own quick check of what's available.

You're right. The selection is woeful. You're lucky if you can get the first 6 issues of a title. For some, only the first issue is available!

I thought the $6.00/month cost sounded too good to be true, but I honestly expected a bit more in the way of selection.

BetterRead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 01:52 PM   #161
ottdmk
Guru
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Blackberry Playbook, Lenovo Tab 2 A10-70
Well, it's not even available to me yet (I'm Canadian.) So I'll just keep an eye on it and hope that the offerings will improve with time. Marvel Unlimited is the only way I'm still in comics these days; I'd love a decent service covering other publishers.
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 10:16 AM   #162
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Newly free issues at https://www.comixology.com/free-comics

Hulk: Gray #1
Loki: Agent of Asgard #1
Captain America: Hail Hydra #1 (of 5)
Moon Knight (2010-2012) #1
Old 06-01-2016, 03:04 PM   #163
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
New Humble Bundle is up, and it's for:

Humble Comics Bundle Ghostbusters presented by IDW, composed entirely of titles based on the popular film franchise (with one crossover issue with The X-Files).

Current average is fluctating heavily this early in, but under $8 (extra books to be added next week), top tier which you're probably going to get if you're getting this at all is $15.

Quote:
Who ya gonna call? There was something strange in our neighborhood, so we made a few calls, and all of a sudden these Ghostbusters digital comics showed up! Fancy that. Well, now that we've got 'em, what better thing to do than bundle them?

Pay $1 or more for Ghostbusters International #1-4, Ghostbusters (Series 2) #1-8, and Ghostbusters (Series 1) #1-7.

Pay more than the average price to also receive Ghostbusters (Series 1) #12-16, Ghostbusters: Displaced Aggression #1-4, Ghostbusters (Series 2) #9-20, and Ghostbusters (Series 1) #8-11.

Pay $15 or more for all of that plus Ghostbusters: Infestation #1-2, Ghostbusters: What in Samhain Just Happened, Ghostbusters Annual 2015, Ghostbusters International #5, The X-Files: Conspiracy - Ghostbusters, Ghostbusters: Con-Volution, Ghostbusters: Tainted Love, Ghostbusters: Holiday Special #1, and Ghostbusters: The Other Side #1-4.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 04:28 PM   #164
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
For a limited time to promote the release of the Vol. 1 collection, Image is offering issue #1 of Limbo free @ their webstore (DRM-free) & Comixology.

A detective with no memory, no identity and no manners. A femme fatale seeking escape from a powerful crime lord. A voodoo queen with a penchant for mixtapes and hi-tops. A goat-eating TV… Welcome to Dedande City, where good people check under their beds at night and reality is never quite what it seems. A NEW surreal neon-noir series crossing 50s pulp with an 80s VHS visual aesthetic drawing from the likes of Carpenter, Cronenberg, and Lynch.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 05:05 AM   #165
Froide
Wizard

$0.00 Harlequin Comics Best Selection (12 Book Series) Kindle Edition
by Carole Mortimer, Patricia Seeley, Carol Grace, Leanne Banks, Olivia Gates, Gena Showalter, Raye Morgan, Katherine Garbera, Michelle Reid, Lynne Graham, Rebecca Winters, Julia James