Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-03-2015, 11:34 AM   #16
hannah
Zealot
hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Bebook mini
Hello, thank you for this patch, I recently acquired a H20 and hate the fnac logo that appears in sleep mode. Thanks to this patch it begins with showing the fnac logo again but then one of the new images appear. It's a lot better, but is it possible to somehow delete the fnac logo completely ?

"Fnac" is the shop where I bought the kobo, I had no idea this logo would appear.
hannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 11:39 AM   #17
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@hannah: I believe you can change the shop affiliation somehow, but that's likely a discussion for another thread. I won't change the way the Kobo itself displays things on shutdown. This mod just pushes its own image to the screen at the right moment, it does not modify any of the original behaviour.
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2015, 01:18 PM   #18
boriar
Evangelist
boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bq Avant XL, Kobo Aura H2O, Onyx Boox M96C Plus
Sorry for
Quote:
Originally Posted by hannah View Post
Hello, thank you for this patch, I recently acquired a H20 and hate the fnac logo that appears in sleep mode. Thanks to this patch it begins with showing the fnac logo again but then one of the new images appear. It's a lot better, but is it possible to somehow delete the fnac logo completely ?

"Fnac" is the shop where I bought the kobo, I had no idea this logo would appear.
You can change that in .kobo/affiliate.conf with a unix-like (notepad++) text editor like this:
Code:
[General]
affiliate=kobo
boriar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 02:23 PM   #19
hannah
Zealot
hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Bebook mini
frostschutz, you are right, and I'm sorry, I didn't realise I was off topic I'm new to all of this.

Boriar
hannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 02:42 PM   #20
kobayashi
Groupie
kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: KA1
No longer works with 3.13.1 firmware
kobayashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2015, 04:37 PM   #21
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oh. They changed pickel... great. Thanks for letting me know, I'll see what I can do.
Old 02-24-2015, 04:44 PM   #22
kobayashi
Groupie
kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostschutz View Post
Oh. They changed pickel... great. Thanks for letting me know, I'll see what I can do.
Cool. Love your screensaver hack.
Old 02-24-2015, 05:26 PM   #23
frostschutz
Linux User

Updated the attachment in the first post - please test it, it should work for both 3.12 and 3.13 firmwares now. Still H2O only, didn't get around to add support for other platforms yet...

Glad you like it in any case.

Last edited by frostschutz; 02-24-2015 at 05:29 PM.
Old 02-25-2015, 06:21 AM   #24
kobayashi
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostschutz View Post
Updated the attachment in the first post - please test it, it should work for both 3.12 and 3.13 firmwares now. Still H2O only, didn't get around to add support for other platforms yet...

Glad you like it in any case.
Working perfectly on 3.13 now. Thanks.
Old 02-28-2015, 10:33 PM   #25
Cecell3000
Enthusiast
Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
test: Glo random screensaver image

I did a small change in pngcat, and is working on Kobo Glo firmware 3.13.1
(maybe work in other devices...)

image resolution:
Glo: 758x1024
H2O/HD: 1080x1440

add your images(png) in folder:
.ScreenSaver/yourDevice/suspend/

ex:.ScreenSaver/Glo/suspend/

original source:http://github.com/frostschutz/Kobo

USE THIS PACKAGE AT YOUR OWN RISK!
sorry my English (google translator)
Attached Files
File Type: zip Random-ScreenSaver.zip (78.4 KB, 2479 views)
File Type: zip source-pngcat.zip (571 Bytes, 2418 views)

Last edited by Cecell3000; 03-01-2015 at 03:19 AM.
Cecell3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 02:32 AM   #26
Cesco
Connoisseur
Cesco can illuminate an eclipseCesco can illuminate an eclipseCesco can illuminate an eclipseCesco can illuminate an eclipseCesco can illuminate an eclipseCesco can illuminate an eclipseCesco can illuminate an eclipseCesco can illuminate an eclipseCesco can illuminate an eclipseCesco can illuminate an eclipseCesco can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kobo Aura 2-Aura H2O-K1-LibraH2O
Thanks Cecell, works very well on the Glo!
Cesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 03:51 AM   #27
barobach_so
Connoisseur
barobach_so knows what's going on.barobach_so knows what's going on.barobach_so knows what's going on.barobach_so knows what's going on.barobach_so knows what's going on.barobach_so knows what's going on.barobach_so knows what's going on.barobach_so knows what's going on.barobach_so knows what's going on.barobach_so knows what's going on.barobach_so knows what's going on.

Device: kobo h2o
hi
thank you it works well

is there a way to remove it permanently from device ? ( I mean not just set book cover again )

Last edited by barobach_so; 03-01-2015 at 03:54 AM.
barobach_so is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 05:20 AM   #28
frostschutz
Linux User

@barobach_so: there is no uninstall method currently, but I'll add one in the next version. Until then you can just delete/rename the .ScreenSaver folder and the mod will be "inactive".

@Cecell3000: wow, thanks...I'll add this in the next version as well.
Old 03-01-2015, 06:24 AM   #29
surquizu
Evangelist
surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, kobo auraHD, kobo auraH2O, kobo Glo HD, kobo aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecell3000 View Post
I did a small change in pngcat, and is working on Kobo Glo firmware 3.13.1
(maybe work in other devices...)

image resolution:
Glo: 758x1024
H2O/HD: 1080x1440

add your images(png) in folder:
.ScreenSaver/yourDevice/suspend/

ex:.ScreenSaver/Glo/suspend/

original source:http://github.com/frostschutz/Kobo

USE THIS PACKAGE AT YOUR OWN RISK!
sorry my English (google translator)
Thanks Cecell3000, thanks frostschutz,

Works very well on the aura HD (3.13.1)
surquizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 10:47 PM   #30
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
So I installed this on my H20 running 3.13.1

It seems to have enlarged the font used for the homescreen slightly, which I could live with.

However when I try to go in to my library the library is overlayed on top of my homescreen, rather than replacing it.

This seems to be the case with -everything- that should replace the current screen.

Sort of frustrating as it makes doing anything a pain in the butt.

Odd re-applying the 3.13.1 update seems to have resolved the issue. Thanks for this, it was the one feature I'd missed from my previous ereader.

Last edited by MGlitch; 03-02-2015 at 10:58 PM. Reason: resolved the issue
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote