Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-04-2018, 10:51 PM   #1
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Prime and Google One FREE, with One or More MetroPCS Plans.

I had dropped my smartphone numerous times on all kinds of surfaces, with no ill consequences. A day of two ago my luck ran out--I dropped the phone in just the right way on just the right surface that the glass cracked like a hard-boiled egg.

That wasn't so bad, though. I had really, really gotten disgusted with the poor signal that I was getting with my present carrier, resulting in embarrassing dropped calls galore, and other issues, so I was planning to change carriers anyway. This event simply bumped it up on my "to do" list.

I already had learned that my phone wasn't compatible with "anyone's" plan, and that I was going to have to buy another one. I spent a huge amount of time yesterday checking plans and phones of other carriers.

One was MetroPCS, which is T-Mobile's budget carrier (I think that they use T-Mobile's towers and everything). Seems that they've got this promotion going on right now where you get Amazon's Prime and Google One "free" with one or more select plan. See here. On their homepage, you'll see more information from MetroPCS about it, if you'll scroll down a little ways:

Unlimited
High-Speed Data

Select plans now include Amazon Prime with the best of shopping, entertainment and more,
plus, Google One for 100GB of cloud storage and automatic mobile backup.

Then, if you're interested, you can click on a button to learn more.

Let me say that I do not stand to profit in any way if you accept the deal; I'm just passing the information along in case you like Prime and/or Google One, and want new cell service, or are willing to change it. Personally, I went with another carrier; furthermore, I had Prime for one year before and don't feel that I really need its benefits enough to pay for it and for sure I'm not going to let getting it influence my decision about what cell phone carrier to use. Not after the ordeal that I've had with cell service up until this time. Google One might be nice, but it's just not a big enough incentive by itself to make my decision. YMMV.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote