Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 06-01-2012, 05:25 AM   #1
SauliusP.
Plugin developer
SauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle
Mimetypes icons should be plugin-based (for new input/output plugins, e.g.)

Hi there,

I have started to develop DOCX input plugin and done quite a lot (already enough for my own needs, tables and colors left). But DOCX icon is the "unknown" one, with a question mark. After digging around I've found out that all mimetypes are registered in FileIconProvider and I couldn't find any possibility to extend it with my own icon in the plugin init (e.g. via get_resources).

I suppose it would be a nice feature to have an extension mechanizm and to have certain plugin type or just another "hackaround" how to add an icon to specific format without putting it into images/mimetyps directory.

So is my statement correct or do I simply don't know how to do that via plugin?
SauliusP. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 06:03 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You cant do it with a plugin, nut just post your icon here and I'll add it to calibre for you.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2012, 06:46 AM   #3
SauliusP.
Plugin developer
SauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle
mimetype/docx

Hi Kovid, thank you in advance.
Attached Images

SauliusP. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 07:42 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Added.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:45 PM   #5
pmorris
pmorris began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard (K3)
Add an icon for azw3?

Kovid,

For my Kindle Keyboard, at least, the azw3 or KF8 format also appears as unknown. Can you add the mobi icon for it? Or, if there is another dedicated icon in existence, use that? I know, pretty nitpicky.
pmorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2012, 01:15 PM   #6
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@pmorris: AZW3 files will have a dedicated icon in Calibre's next release (along with Topaz & Kindlet files).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote