Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-17-2018, 05:01 PM   #1
Galunid
Zealot
Galunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: KPW3, Kobo Clara HD, Onyx Boox Nova 2
Talking Successful downgrade 5.8.10.1 -> 5.7.4_initial

Hi, I just wanted to report, successful downgrade attempt on my kindle PW3(G090 G105).
Device never received OTA update, it was registered. Special offers were disabled as per my request by amazon stuff(around 5-6 months ago if it makes any difference). It was in the airplane mode all the time. I didn't do factory reset before upgrade. It was set to English(US), neither parental control nor device passcode were enabled. As in the title, firmware I downgraded from: 5.8.10.1
Firmware I downgraded to: 5.7.4(14f2267189b9ecc51d89e4e86f201e75 update_PW3_5.7.4_initial.bin). After downgrade it looks like special offers were re-enabled.
Galunid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 06:34 PM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galunid View Post
Hi, I just wanted to report, successful downgrade attempt on my kindle PW3(G090 G105).
Device never received OTA update, it was registered. Special offers were disabled as per my request by amazon stuff(around 5-6 months ago if it makes any difference). It was in the airplane mode all the time. I didn't do factory reset before upgrade. It was set to English(US), neither parental control nor device passcode were enabled. As in the title, firmware I downgraded from: 5.8.10.1
Firmware I downgraded to: 5.7.4(14f2267189b9ecc51d89e4e86f201e75 update_PW3_5.7.4_initial.bin). After downgrade it looks like special offers were re-enabled.
The SO status should self-sync once you get a more recent (customer, not factory) firmware build on the device (plus, none of the 'initial' dot bin files where ever intended to be used by customers, only used in the factory).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 07:11 PM   #3
Galunid
Zealot
Galunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: KPW3, Kobo Clara HD, Onyx Boox Nova 2
Actually it didn't sync the SO status, but I can live with that. It's more important to be able to read EPUB files for me
Galunid is offline   Reply With Quote