Kobo Nickel 9 6.77%
Malabar 16 12.03%
Kobo UD Kakugo 6 4.51%
Open Dyslexic 2 1.50%
Voters: 133. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-26-2018, 09:00 AM   #16
mathil
Evangelist
mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O/Glo HD/Libra 2, Kindle PW3/PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by forster01 View Post
I like bitter lately, used to read on CIL and literata. i don't use built in fonts.
I tend to alternate between these three as well, they look the best at small sizes IMO. Another great free font is Italian Old Style MT.
mathil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 09:48 AM   #17
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Oasis, Huwei Ascend Mate 7
I tend to use Georgia on both Kobo and Kindle. I like it a little darker so add weight on both. I do try the Publisher set fonts occasionally but so far tend to revert quickly back to Georgia.
darryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 10:16 AM   #18
ps67
Guru
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Elipsa, Pocketbook Color PB633, Inkpad Color
Best preinstalled font: Malabar;
Best Custom Font: Bookerly, Linux Libertine G or Georgia Pro on epub;
Bitter on kepub because I have disabled kerning (and not enabled ligatures) to avoid uneven spacing problems that occasionally occurs on kepub and it gives very good result in these conditions.

Also like: IBM Plex Serif, Literata, Lora, Source Serif Pro on epub;
Sanchez Regular on kepub

Too much fonts installed?

I like to change the font depending on the mood: 32 custom fonts installed on Kobo and 27 on Kindle

added font: Merriweather, beautiful on both Epub and Kepub

Last edited by ps67; 09-30-2018 at 05:04 PM. Reason: added font Merriweather
ps67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 10:30 AM   #19
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcladyz View Post
Cool. Got them loaded
Hey, groovy! Hope you like Noto Serif. If not, there are a million other free fonts out there and now you know how to install them.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 10:31 AM   #20
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by forster01 View Post
I like bitter lately, used to read on CIL and literata.
Literata and Noto Serif are pretty similar and both are Google fonts. I don't remember why I prefer Noto Serif to Literata.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 01:13 PM   #21
PurpleStar
Wizard
PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Clara 2E
I use Amasis. I try others now and then but always, always go back to Amasis. It’s such a nice little font and easy on the eyes.
PurpleStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 02:25 PM   #22
koboy
Wizard
koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Touch, Amazon Kindle.
i use Tahoma and LibreFranklin ExtraBold.

best wishes koboy

Last edited by koboy; 09-26-2018 at 06:01 PM.
koboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 04:20 PM   #23
mkeles84
Enthusiast
mkeles84 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura/Glo/Kindle PW2
Baskerville
mkeles84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 04:27 PM   #24
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcladyz View Post
just a poll

I have not a clue on how to upload fonts so I am sticking to the ones already there
The poll needs one more option for Other as the font I use most is not there. I use ChareInk which is a modified Charis Sil. It's a very nice font and it's the one I use. Also, a lot of others use it as well. And ChareInk is very good on a Kindle as well.

Here's where to get CareInk in both weighted and unweighted versions.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=184056

Last edited by JSWolf; 09-26-2018 at 04:29 PM.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 08:25 PM   #25
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The poll needs one more option for Other as the font I use most is not there. I use ChareInk which is a modified Charis Sil. It's a very nice font and it's the one I use. Also, a lot of others use it as well. And ChareInk is very good on a Kindle as well.
Going by the replies, it appears that that majority of responses are by people using alternative fonts. It's nice to have the choice though it appears that any group of 5 posters has at least 7 favourite fonts.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 10:44 PM   #26
Uschiekid
Tenrec
Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo
Despite having loaded many fonts on my kobo at various times, I usually use open dyslexic.

I'm not dyslexic, but like it probably for part of the same reason that it makes it easier to read if dyslexic.

It seems to keep my eyes from getting lost on the page. I often get distracted as I read, and find it hard to get to the next line when I finish one line (worse in books with long paragraphs) ...in short, I loose my place way too easily, but the oddly weighted feeling at the bottom of dyslexic font letters seems to help combat this.

I also watch TV with subtitles despite no hearing loss. What can I say, I need all the help I can get :-p
Uschiekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 01:13 PM   #27
bearymore
Zealot
bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kobo Aura One
Like several others, I use ChareInk. I've tried others, but it is my go to font.
bearymore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 07:41 AM   #28
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
I think I figured out a while ago that my favorite font is the one I've been using the most.

If I switch fonts, it feels awkward...until I've used it for a while and then switching back feels awkward again.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 08:21 AM   #29
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
I've always used caecilia bold. I'll try georgia.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 02:06 PM   #30
s4nder
Connoisseur
s4nder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s4nder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s4nder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s4nder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s4nder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s4nder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s4nder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s4nder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s4nder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s4nder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s4nder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
I use Bookerly, effortless to read.
s4nder is offline   Reply With Quote