Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 07-03-2017, 11:46 AM   #2311
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by madame_newbie View Post
Is the a way for me to bypass the 'Change Story URL' pop up. I am currently updating my identifiers and it's getting very tedious. I have looked in the .ini settings and can't find one that sets the answer to 'yes' automatically.
There's a checkbox:
Click image for larger version

Name:	capture.png
Views:	291
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	157703

You might also consider changing the identifiers using calibre's regex find and replace.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 01:20 PM   #2312
Arkeus
Enthusiast
Arkeus began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
The threadmark identifier on the sufficient velocity and spacebtattles forum is not working anymore. It only grabs the first post now, instead of grabbing all the threadmarks.

Any ideas what to do?
Arkeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-03-2017, 03:23 PM   #2313
cryzed
Evangelist
cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post

Re: Built-in backup, as edeniz said, the first line of defense is 'update epub if new chapters'. The second line of defense, IMO, is your own regular backups--everybody has those, right?

I believe 'backups' have been requested before and I rejected the idea as outside scope and a bit of a slippery slope. If one backup, why not the last 2? Or 3? What about comparing to show what's changed between backup and current? Etc, etc.
I explained why the first line of defense doesn't always work. Keeping manual backups is sensible yes, but if you have a library exceeding a certain size and, like me, regularly update a bunch of stories fully to archive changes to old chapters, you'll be hard pressed to figure out if a story suddenly changed in an unfavorable way without checking every single story each time -- it would be a huge chore.

Regarding the backups: I always thought it obvious to keep a backup for every single revision, not just a single backup. Manual purging would have to be done at some point somehow, but this seems much nicer to me than the other solution.

For now I'll simply use borgbackup to create incremental and really regular backups of my Calibre library. Ideally I want to figure out a way to hook into Calibre's book modification mechanism and write a plugin centered around backups and possibly comparing/restoring revisions (maybe).
cryzed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 03:27 PM   #2314
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Re: Built-in backup, as edeniz said, the first line of defense is 'update epub if new chapters'. The second line of defense, IMO, is your own regular backups--everybody has those, right?

ORIGINAL_xxx as davidfor suggested is a possibility, but there are other things that also use that. So you might unknowingly overwrite your backup--maybe even automatically with auto-Convert. Another issue is that if you use certain tools like Polish on 'EPUB' and you also have an ORIGINAL_EPUB file, it will use the 'original' instead of the EPUB.

Copying the pre-update epub(assumed) to a different dir outside calibre entirely is possible, but not very elegant. Look at db.copy_format_to() (fff_plugin.py:1366) and add a second call there to copy to your backup dir (after you've figured out a file name, of course).

Other possibilities are to copy pre-update to another library, or maybe even define a new format extension to copy a backup to. (That would be in conflict with the 'Delete other formats' feature.)

I believe 'backups' have been requested before and I rejected the idea as outside scope and a bit of a slippery slope. If one backup, why not the last 2? Or 3? What about comparing to show what's changed between backup and current? Etc, etc.
Per calibre conventions, the ORIGINAL_FMT exists for the sole purpose of defending against some automated action causing loss of data inside an ebook. For example, conversions, polishing, etc. all backup to and use this as input.

It is expected that users will manually prune ORIGINAL_FMT copies immediately afterward, once they have verified that the conversion/polish/whatever went through okay and produced satisfactory results.

That being the case, I would consider FanFicFare justified if it too, backed up the existing EPUB to a previously-nonexisting ORIGINAL_EPUB, possibly via a configuration option for "do you want to backup your FanFicFare ebooks when downloading updates?"

Conversions will not overwrite the EPUB unless you are performing an EPUB-to-EPUB conversion and neglected to do your due diligence in cleaning up your safetynet backups.
The same result should occur if you did something to create an ORIGINAL_EPUB, then had FanFicFare update the EPUB and then did something that operated on the ORIGINAL_EPUB, so this seems fair to me.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 03:53 PM   #2315
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryzed View Post
I explained why the first line of defense doesn't always work. Keeping manual backups is sensible yes, but if you have a library exceeding a certain size and, like me, regularly update a bunch of stories fully to archive changes to old chapters, you'll be hard pressed to figure out if a story suddenly changed in an unfavorable way without checking every single story each time -- it would be a huge chore.

Regarding the backups: I always thought it obvious to keep a backup for every single revision, not just a single backup. Manual purging would have to be done at some point somehow, but this seems much nicer to me than the other solution.

For now I'll simply use borgbackup to create incremental and really regular backups of my Calibre library. Ideally I want to figure out a way to hook into Calibre's book modification mechanism and write a plugin centered around backups and possibly comparing/restoring revisions (maybe).
calibre-debug --diff book1.epub book2.epub could work, but as I said above, calibre doesn't really have a "backup" system although users often mistakenly think that is what it is meant for.

Creating incremental snapshots of your library is a much better idea as far as that goes. Or possibly even unzipping each book into a folder and tracking it in git. (Regarding which, the editor actually supports opening a directory as an ebook, which means git integration!)
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-03-2017, 04:18 PM   #2316
GravityHug
GravityHug began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hello.

Just wanted to report two possible bugs of Fanficfare, both occurring during story-download from wuxiaworld.com (wuxiaworld.com/issth-index/, in this case).

* the compiled document for the fully-downloaded story of “I Shall Seal the Heavens” seems to get formatted incorrectly because when you open the file in the browser (Firefox, Chrome), only the table of contents gets displayed — the chapters themselves are being inaccessible. One way to access the chapters is by opening the file through MS Word instead of browsers, but that’s more of a workaround.

* footnotes and hyperlinks inside story chapters seem to be rendering incorrectly

** The footnote indicators inside paragraphs (¹, ², ³, etc) get replaced by line breaks, while the footnotes themselves just get posted at the end of the chapter.
** hyperlinks get removed entirely.

p.s. Using the opportunity, I also want to thank you all for this wonderful and very flexible (e.g. spacebattles.com, sufficientvelocity.com, wuxiaworld.com, etc) plug-in!
GravityHug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 04:49 PM   #2317
Arkeus
Enthusiast
Arkeus began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by GravityHug View Post
p.s. Using the opportunity, I also want to thank you all for this wonderful and very flexible (e.g. spacebattles.com, sufficientvelocity.com, wuxiaworld.com, etc) plug-in!
Can you manage to make it work on SB and SV? currently mine doesn't recognize threadmark and just post the first chapter.
Arkeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 06:44 PM   #2318
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

multi-reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryzed View Post
Ideally I want to figure out a way to hook into Calibre's book modification mechanism and write a plugin centered around backups and possibly comparing/restoring revisions (maybe).
Some sort of general backup and/or versioning plugin would be useful. I wouldn't mind integrating with something like that and I'd probably use it myself. But I don't think it should be part of FFF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GravityHug View Post
Just wanted to report two possible bugs of Fanficfare, both occurring during story-download from wuxiaworld.com (wuxiaworld.com/issth-index/, in this case).
GComyn is the developer for that adapter. I drop a message in few days if there's no response--it's a holiday weekend in the US.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkeus View Post
Can you manage to make it work on SB and SV? currently mine doesn't recognize threadmark and just post the first chapter.
Already fixed in the test version, see my sig for the link.
Old 07-04-2017, 05:03 AM   #2319
madame_newbie
Connoisseur
madame_newbie began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Basic 2014 | Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:
There's a checkbox:
Attachment 157703

You might also consider changing the identifiers using calibre's regex find and replace.
Thank you so much! I am not well versed with regex's find and replace, I know that the urls are embedded in the ebooks but I downloaded it via different means than fanficfare before I used it full time (hence why I'm updating and cleaning up my identifiers)

Is it as simple as (url:?) to identifier:? Sorry, if I'm being a bother.
madame_newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 11:41 AM   #2320
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New test version posted

2017-07-04
- fimfiction adapter: views/total_views fix for site change -- thanks FaceDeer!
Old 07-06-2017, 04:55 PM   #2321
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New test version posted

2017-07-06
- Update translations.
- Fix typo in error catching - base_efiction
- XenForo alternatehistory.com follows QQ more than SV/SB.
- Remove 9 defunct sites - occlumency.sycophanthex.com, lumos.sycophanthex.com, erosnsappho.sycophanthex.com, chaos.sycophanthex.com, ashwinder.sycophanthex.com, pommedesang.com, dramione.org, www.indeath.net and fanfiction.lucifael.com.
- Fixes for fanfiktion.de site changes.

Outstanding issues:
- Site lotrfanfiction.com is still up, but broken. Cannot download stories.
- Site asexstories.com has changed, adapter is currently broken.
- Site www.deandamage.com is 'forbidden' for some users--including me--but works for others.
Old 07-07-2017, 02:03 AM   #2322
Loba
Enthusiast
Loba began at the beginning.

Device: PW2 Wifi-4GB
I seem to have broken something in my personal.ini re: Ao3's archive warnings. FFF is no longer grabbing archive warnings, but will snag warnings I have defined from freeformtags. I have scoured my .ini and can't figure out what I fudged.

An example:
https://archiveofourown.org/works/3674550 - It doesn't grab NonCon warning at all
https://archiveofourown.org/works/4620558 - Here it grabs Ableism just fine

Here is my personal.ini

Thanks a bunch in advance, those warnings are pretty important for fic recs.
Loba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 10:26 AM   #2323
ILB
Groupie
ILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Oasis
Quote:
New test version posted

2017-07-06
- Fixes for fanfiktion.de site changes.
Thanks!
ILB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 04:29 PM   #2324
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loba View Post
I seem to have broken something in my personal.ini re: Ao3's archive warnings. FFF is no longer grabbing archive warnings, but will snag warnings I have defined from freeformtags. I have scoured my .ini and can't figure out what I fudged.
You have:
Code:
include_in_warnings:freeformtags
## and:
 freefromtags,warnings==Graphic Depictions of Violence
You want:
Code:
include_in_warnings:freeformtags,warnings
## and:
 freefromtags,warnings~=Graphic Depictions [Oo]f Violence
Old 07-07-2017, 05:48 PM   #2325
Loba
Enthusiast
Loba began at the beginning.

Device: PW2 Wifi-4GB
Quote:
You have:
Code:
include_in_warnings:freeformtags
## and:
 freefromtags,warnings==Graphic Depictions of Violence
You want:
Code:
include_in_warnings:freeformtags,warnings
## and:
Thanks as always for the quick response! You're the best!!

Btw, when I use this:
Quote:
It says 428: Error 'list' object has no attribute 'split' in (include_metadata_post:...
but it works fine when I replace the ~= with ==

Edit: I figured out that it seems to be a typo? =~ works. I could be totally wrong and it's not a typo, but equal tilde is an operator I can find documentation on. It seems to allow inexact matching in regex? I'm learning!

Last edited by Loba; 07-07-2017 at 07:38 PM.
Loba is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanfiction