Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 07-29-2018, 10:00 AM   #256
stefano.sb
Zealot
stefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Patch to import collections from KFX ebooks

Hi NiLuJe,
attached to this post there is a small patch to use Kindle Collections (v1.17.19) to import the collections also for the KFX ebooks. Collections are exported using LibrarianSync

In Calibre Library I added a KFX ebook (ex "book1.kfx") using one of these two options:

1 - KFX Import plug-in (by jhowell)
2 - Adding the book1.azw3 downloaded from my Amazon account and after using "match to books" from device to link book1.kfx to book1.azw3.

Consider that I am a very newby with Python... Each of my changes to your code is enclosed between "# SS START" and "# SS END". Obviously, feel you free to update my "code" as you want

Stefano
Attached Files
File Type: zip Kindle Collections_KFXpatch.zip (14.4 KB, 173 views)
stefano.sb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 11:02 AM   #257
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@stefano.sb: Thanks!

I tweaked it a bit, but haven't had time to test it yet.

Does that behave okay?.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-30-2018, 09:33 AM   #258
stefano.sb
Zealot
stefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@stefano.sb: Thanks!

I tweaked it a bit, but haven't had time to test it yet.

Does that behave okay?.
Hi NiLuJe,
my "home made" version works ok on my Calibre. I have seen that in your tweaks (15278, 15279, 15280) you have updated only these three files.
ebook.py
kindle_device.py
kindle_books.py

Is it correct? I ran 1.7.19 version with these 3 update but it doesn't work.. Surely I'm wrong something

Stefano
Old 07-30-2018, 11:10 AM   #259
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@stefano.sb: I haven't yet had the chance to test it, so, no, it's entirely possible I messed it up .
Old 07-30-2018, 05:22 PM   #260
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@stefano.sb: It was indeed broken .

Does this work properly? It appears to parse stuff properly, but I'm not in position to test the whole linking shenanigan and/or KFX conversions myself, so I may have missed something...

On the upside, I found a massive oversight that basically made the filtering of unsupported formats useless, so, yay.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 07-31-2018 at 11:19 AM. Reason: -> 1.7.20
Advert
Old 07-31-2018, 07:13 AM   #261
stefano.sb
Zealot

Quote:
@stefano.sb: It was indeed broken .

Does this work properly? It appears to parse stuff properly, but I'm not in position to test the whole linking shenanigan and/or KFX conversions myself, so I may have missed something...

On the upside, I found a massive oversight that basically made the filtering of unsupported formats useless, so, yay.
Good job, it works!!

I tested it also with a new kfx ebook downloaded from Amazon and imported into Calibre with "KFX input" plug-in

Stefano
Old 07-31-2018, 11:13 AM   #262
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@stefano.sb: Fantastic! I'll push a new release, then . Thank you!

EDIT: Done, 1.7.20 is out .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 07-31-2018 at 11:21 AM.
Old 08-27-2018, 05:14 PM   #263
arooni
Addict
arooni began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4 (2018)
does the initial import 'import kindle collections into calibre' take a long time? trying to decide whether or not its frozen.

latest version of plugin / 3.27.1 calibre / paperwhite v2

oh finally got an error:

calibre, version 3.27.1
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>TypeError</b>:unhashable type: 'list'

calibre 3.27.1 embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Darwin-17.7.0-x86_64-i386-64bit Darwin ('64bit', '')
('Darwin', '17.7.0', 'Darwin Kernel Version 17.7.0: Thu Jun 21 22:53:14 PDT 2018; root:xnu-4570.71.2~1/RELEASE_X86_64')
Python 2.7.12
OSX: ('10.13.6', ('', '', ''), 'x86_64')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Gather KFX-ZIP (from KFX Input) (1, 7, 0) && DeDRM (6, 5, 4) && Package KFX (from KFX Input) (1, 7, 0) && Set KFX metadata (from KFX Output) (1, 22, 0) && KFX Output (1, 22, 0) && Manage Series (1, 2, 8) && Find Duplicates (1, 6, 3) && KFX metadata reader (from KFX Input) (1, 7, 0) && KFX Input (1, 7, 0) && Quality Check (1, 9, 11) && Prettify Cover 0.9.12 && Annotations (1, 8, 0) && Count Pages (1, 8, 2) && X-Ray Creator (3, 1, 2) && Hyphenate This! (0, 0, 8) && Extract ISBN (1, 4, 4) && APNX Generator (1, 1, 0) && Goodreads (1, 1, 14) && Reading List (1, 6, 6) && Kindle Collections (1, 7, 20) && Barnes & Noble (1, 2, 15) && Modify ePub (1, 3, 13) && Goodreads Sync (1, 12, 0)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.kindle_collections.ui", line 173, in import_kindle_collections
File "calibre_plugins.kindle_collections.import_collect ions", line 59, in run
File "calibre_plugins.kindle_collections.kindle_boo ks", line 37, in init
File "calibre_plugins.kindle_collections.kindle_boo ks", line 60, in __init__
File "calibre_plugins.kindle_collections.kindle_boo ks", line 358, in load_kindle_books
TypeError: unhashable type: 'list'
arooni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 05:21 PM   #264
arooni
Addict
arooni began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4 (2018)
also running into this when trying to create kindle collections:

unhashable type: 'list'

File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 87, in run
File "calibre_plugins.kindle_collections.create_preview ", line 67, in create
File "calibre_plugins.kindle_collections.kindle_boo ks", line 37, in init
File "calibre_plugins.kindle_collections.kindle_boo ks", line 60, in __init__
File "calibre_plugins.kindle_collections.kindle_boo ks", line 358, in load_kindle_books
TypeError: unhashable type: 'list'
arooni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 11:58 AM   #265
rolgiati
Groupie
rolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: Several Kindle 3 KB's
Kindle Collections plug-in error

Having broken the screen on my Kindle-3-keyboard, and until a spare arrives from Distant China, I have:
-Connected the K3 to my Linux desktop machine, and copied everything from /media/Kindle to a temporary directory.
-Disconnected the broken K3, and connected the spare.
-Deleted everything on the spare K3
-Copied everything from the temp directory to the spare K3.

Collections would not display, so I dug a bit on the forum, restarted the K3 and Bingo!, the collections work.

While I was connected, I tried to use the Collections plug-in to put a few things in order and got an error message:
Code:
calibre, version 3.27.1
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>AttributeError</b>:'BookList' object has no attribute 'rebuild_collections'

calibre 3.27.1  embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Linux-3.16.0-5-amd64-x86_64-with-debian-7.11 Linux ('64bit', 'ELF')
('Linux', '3.16.0-5-amd64', '#1 SMP Debian 3.16.51-3+deb8u1 (2018-01-08)')
Python 2.7.12
Linux: ('debian', '7.11', '')
Interface language: en_GB
  File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/actions/edit_collections.py", line 38, in edit_collections
  File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/actions/edit_metadata.py", line 725, in edit_device_collections
  File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 1608, in upload_collections
  File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 551, in upload_collections
AttributeError: 'BookList' object has no attribute 'rebuild_collections'
Trying to see what could be the problem, I swapped K3s, and now got the same error as on the broken one.

Before all this, the plug-in worked on the (now-)broken K3.

Any idea ?

Calibre 3.27.1
Collections plugin 1.7.20
rolgiati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 10:31 PM   #266
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
you should post in the thread for that plugin, there it is more likely to get attention
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 01:41 AM   #267
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
you should post in the thread for that plugin, there it is more likely to get attention
Moderator Notice
Merged

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 09:34 AM   #268
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@arooni: That looks like a genuine bug, will look into it .

@rolgiati: AFAICT, that's from the vanilla Collections handling in the Kindle driver, not this plugin (and that's basically useless and/or very very limited), and it's basically unmaintained, so I can't really tell you much about it.

If that's actually somehow triggered by the plugin, I'm going to have to know what exactly you were attempting to do, because I can't see it from that stacktrace .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 08-30-2018 at 11:02 AM.
Old 08-30-2018, 10:59 AM   #269
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Released 1.7.21, which should fix @arooni's issue (you'll need to delete the plugin's on-device cache (kindle_collections_path_cache.calibre at the device's root), though).
Old 08-30-2018, 12:15 PM   #270
rolgiati
Groupie
rolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: Several Kindle 3 KB's
Quote:
If that's actually somehow triggered by the plugin, I'm going to have to know what exactly you were attempting to do, because I can't see it from that stacktrace .
How can I help ?
rolgiati is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collections plug-in, kindle