Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Offline > BBeB/LRF Books (offline)

Notices

Old 03-10-2008, 10:06 AM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Rohmer, Sax: The Dance of the Veils, v.1, 10 March 2008.

This title was released under a Creative Commons License, with additional acknowledgement placed at the end of the book. Book was acquired from Munseys, BUT REFORMATED BY ME TO MY SPECIFICATIONS.

Here’s a short story from Sax Rohmer’s collection Tales of Chinatown. If you’re new to Rohmer and just want to get a taste of his writing style and the way he handles dark, brooding mystery where the streets are always slick with fog and evil-doers are always planning mayhem, then this story might make a good introduction for you.

Rohmer’s plots are full of ludicrous fun and his characters routinely one-dimensional (in my opinion), but the stories are drenched in that certain magic that came from the pulps.

BONUS: I’ve included 5 examples of pulp art as a bonus, located at the end of the book. Just go to the Contents page and toggle back and forth until your finger gets tired.

I hope you enjoy it!

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote