Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-29-2009, 10:35 AM   #1
NedScharpf
NedScharpf began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Kindlefix no longer working for library books!

I used to convert .prc e-books from my local library to azw books to read on my kindle using kindlefix.py but just discovered it is no longer working. It converts the book just fine, but when I go to open it on my kindle, I get the message that the book cannot be opened. Drat!!!

If others have already posted this, I apologize.
NedScharpf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 05:50 PM   #2
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
Interesting that while Kindlefix does not remove the DRM or the date stamp like alternatives do, the route taken is to disable Kindlefix.

Seems like a stupid move to me - forces folks to go to the alternative.

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2009, 06:45 PM   #3
Boston
Fanatic
Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Aura H20, Pixel XL
Are you sure that you are using the PID that goes with your device?
(and its cap sensitive, no spaces?), If the PID doesn't match what the Kindle expects, it won't open.

I bought a Sony for my library reading, but just tried downloading a prc book from the library, ran it through Kindlefix and my Kindle opens it fine.
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 06:56 PM   #4
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Did you connect recently to Whispernet? If not, the Kindle's clock could be wrong which would prevent a time stamped library ebook from working.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 09:54 AM   #5
NedScharpf
NedScharpf began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thank you so much Wallcraft - it worked!! Thanks to everyone who responded.

Ned
NedScharpf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert