Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 03-20-2012, 07:16 PM   #16
Rand1956
Rand1956 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Samsung Galaxy Express, Nook HD+
I don't use shelves, but after the previous update, my ST screen seemed to lose a lot of sensitivity. It sometimes took three or four taps to turn a page. With 1.1.2, it seems more responsive. Anyone else notice this, or am I dreaming?
Rand1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 02:18 AM   #17
brudigia
Evangelist
brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPAD AirPro M1 12.9, Kindle Scribe, Kobo Elipsa, iPhone XV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rand1956 View Post
I don't use shelves, but after the previous update, my ST screen seemed to lose a lot of sensitivity. It sometimes took three or four taps to turn a page. With 1.1.2, it seems more responsive. Anyone else notice this, or am I dreaming?
Not me. This is one the good features, page turning is always very fast.
brudigia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2012, 11:07 PM   #18
yche09
hugs.kisses.xoxo
yche09 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Astak pocket pro, Nintendo DS Lite, PSP
Woke up yesterday with an automatic crappy update. Lost my shelves and now all i see in my home page is 1 of 1. I can't even go to the page i was last in. I hope they'll fix this fast. It's annoying.
yche09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 07:50 PM   #19
dkelly701
dkelly701 is kind to children and small, furry animalsdkelly701 is kind to children and small, furry animalsdkelly701 is kind to children and small, furry animalsdkelly701 is kind to children and small, furry animalsdkelly701 is kind to children and small, furry animalsdkelly701 is kind to children and small, furry animalsdkelly701 is kind to children and small, furry animalsdkelly701 is kind to children and small, furry animalsdkelly701 is kind to children and small, furry animalsdkelly701 is kind to children and small, furry animalsdkelly701 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Nook
I have had that problem as well. I read somewhere to delete all of the side loaded books to get rid of the problem and to keep it from happening again, always navigate to the Home screen before plugging in your nook to the computer. When finished, eject the Nook before unplugging. Since doing this I haven't had this problem again. I have only side loaded 3 or 4 times since then, so time will tell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecweston View Post
I have that happen with side-loaded books. Often when I go to the "home" screen it will say I'm on page 1 of 1. Clicking the book icon in the upper left on any screen will take me back to the beginning of the book, but if I click on the book's cover in my library, I'll go to the correct place. Bookmarking also doesn't seem to help, because if I click on the book icon anywhere but in the library, it deletes all bookmarks and sends me back to the beginning.
dkelly701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:52 AM   #20
tecweston
Comic book artist
tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight, iPad, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelly701 View Post
always navigate to the Home screen before plugging in your nook to the computer.
Maybe that's my problem. I always just plug the Nook in without looking what's on the screen, and 9 times out of 10 I'm in the middle of reading a book. Usually a side-loaded one.
tecweston is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2012, 10:45 PM   #21
daoates
daoates began at the beginning.

Device: nook simple touch
I was on chat support earlier today and was politely told "Should have known since the update cleared the shelves from the last time. Didn't I read the email?"

The email was nothing but "suit-speak" boilerplate apology and no answers. And they clearly have no intent to fix this incredibly sad lame decision. Great reader hobbled by lazy programming.

I am thinking I will dir all the files to a text file, load a shelf and compare the files to see which one changed. Then save that file to the PC before updating or rebooting the NST.

Wish me luck!
daoates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 03:15 PM   #22
brudigia
Evangelist
brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPAD AirPro M1 12.9, Kindle Scribe, Kobo Elipsa, iPhone XV
Quote:
Originally Posted by daoates View Post
I was on chat support earlier today and was politely told "Should have known since the update cleared the shelves from the last time. Didn't I read the email?"

The email was nothing but "suit-speak" boilerplate apology and no answers. And they clearly have no intent to fix this incredibly sad lame decision. Great reader hobbled by lazy programming.

I am thinking I will dir all the files to a text file, load a shelf and compare the files to see which one changed. Then save that file to the PC before updating or rebooting the NST.

Wish me luck!
Good luck !! If you find anything tell us, please. But I am afraid the information we look for is in the hidden partition, in the Operating System which is updated.
brudigia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 12:11 AM   #23
susaz
Zealot
susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Grammata Papyre 6.2, Sony PRS T1, Nook ST Glow,Kobo Glo
I loaded my side content onto the main memory and then built the shelves. They seem to be holding up, although the amount of books on those lists will only be limited by the amount of memory available on the main part of the device.
susaz is offline   Reply With Quote