Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 10-07-2011, 03:33 PM   #1
bob123
Addict
bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Cybook
Cybook Odyssey

Thought I would share this link:
http://techcrunch.com/2011/10/07/cyb...eb-navigation/
bob123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 09:05 AM   #2
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
I'm glad to see something new from Bookeen and I hope that the Cybook Odyssey won't become an Odyssey.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2011, 05:13 AM   #3
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
Sweet. Hope the specs come out soon... Keep it up Bookeen.
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 07:08 PM   #4
bob123
Addict
bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

the sad thing is that they will probably release this new ereader before they update the last one to have all the advertised features.
Old 10-26-2011, 10:04 PM   #5
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
more specs are up. Looking good.

http://bookeen.com/blog/
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2011, 02:04 AM   #6
wmaurer
Enthusiast
wmaurer doesn't litterwmaurer doesn't litter

Device: Nook Simple Touch, HTC Desire
If this is as good as it promises, there will be two in our house.
wmaurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 02:56 AM   #7
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Yup, I could be tempted too (although my other readers work so reliably that I really don't need a new one).
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 01:03 PM   #8
seajewel
Fanatic
seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-950
I love the look of this better than anything else coming out right now. SIDE PAGE TURN BUTTONS. I probably don't need all the extra functionality, but if this is priced alright (I'm willing to pay somewhat of a premium over the ~140-150 price for Kindle 4 Touch and T1) and can be obtained in the US somehow (even by ordering from Europe), I'll probably pick one up if reviews are good.

ETA: the more I look at the specs and the picture the more I want it. although I hope the orientation can be locked. Nothing irks me more than the accelerometer on my iphone if it's not locked and i'm lying on my side trying to read/browse the net. I hope the release date will be posted soon and it lives up to my expectations.

Last edited by seajewel; 10-27-2011 at 02:07 PM.
seajewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 02:28 PM   #9
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
ETA: the more I look at the specs and the picture the more I want it. although I hope the orientation can be locked. Nothing irks me more than the accelerometer on my iphone if it's not locked and i'm lying on my side trying to read/browse the net. I hope the release date will be posted soon and it lives up to my expectations.
Opus and orizon can deactivate the accelerometer. I fail to see why bookeen would remove such a useful function on the odyssey.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 02:37 PM   #10
seajewel
Fanatic
seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
Opus and orizon can deactivate the accelerometer. I fail to see why bookeen would remove such a useful function on the odyssey.
Good to know. TBH I don't know much about the other Cybook e-readers. I only started visiting this forum for the first time in years when I decided it was time to upgrade my PRS-505. Unfortunately, none of the new Kindles or the Sony T1 are what I am looking for. The Cybook looks like it may be!
Old 11-01-2011, 11:27 AM   #11
Tony1988
Guru
Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350
This looks like it could be a great reader. We shall see.

Last edited by Tony1988; 11-01-2011 at 04:20 PM.
Tony1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 07:57 PM   #12
bob123
Addict

Any guesses on price/release date?
Also am I the only one who noticed that the odyssey does not have blue tooth? I wonder if bookeen will ever release the update to give blue tooth to the orizon.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:12 AM   #13
BlackVoid
Evangelist
BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Will this have a dictionary? The other Cybook readers do not have it.
BlackVoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 01:54 PM   #14
seajewel
Fanatic

I google Cybook Odyssey every day, hoping some new info has been released. I really hope this is going to come out *soon.*
Old 11-03-2011, 03:25 PM   #15
bob123
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackVoid View Post
Will this have a dictionary? The other Cybook readers do not have it.
There blog says it will have "highlights/dictionary (French version)". Seeming to say that the English version won't.