Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 12-09-2013, 11:42 PM   #1
jayjayj625
jayjayj625 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HDX
Move to Android from MAC

I have a mac so I cannot use calibre to send my books. I have to use Android File Transfer..is there anyway I can use calibre or a similar software? the AFT is okay but some of my book covers aren't transferring. Can anyone help?
jayjayj625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 11:19 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Moderator Notice
In the future: Please start your own thread when the topic changes.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 11:23 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq....kindle-fire-hd
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 11:25 AM   #4
jayjayj625

I apologize, I thought the questions were similar in nature.

Thank you for the link. It is my understanding however that the HDX is different than the HD, because when I plug it into my computer, calibre does not detect it, nor does my computer, but now that I have downloaded Android File Transfer, that automatically opens. I can add books onto my kindle with that program, but for some reason some of the book covers do not show up in the carousel..
Old 12-11-2013, 01:13 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjayj625 View Post
Thank you for the link. It is my understanding however that the HDX is different than the HD, because when I plug it into my computer, calibre does not detect it, nor does my computer
The link was to a section talking about all Android devices. HD or HDX is no difference. The note at the end of the Using a USB cable section explained the following.

Quote:
Note With newer Android devices, the USB connection is only supported on Windows Vista and newer and Linux. If you are on Windows XP or OS X, you should use one of the wireless connection methods.
OSX doesn't support connection via MTP which is how Android devices connect via a USB cable. This means you need to use the wireless methods outlined in the subsection of the area Kovid linked to called Over the air.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 11:10 AM   #6
jayjayj625

DoctorOhh, Thank you! I can't wait to go home and try it out. The link was to so much different information and I didn't know it didn't matter on the device. Thank you so much for pointing out the over the air section!