Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-19-2020, 11:03 AM   #286
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
It's crazy you have open a book to change settings to do with privacy.
Also "consistent" with app just means someone clueless is designing the app. It's a weak reason to downgrade the Kindle eink user experience.

The font, margin, line spacing should be per book, but also there should be a global default outside of books. The Theme idea wasn't too bad. But the GUI style is now stupid and there are now too many options more likely to be seldom accessed and really that should never be per book in Aa.

So, no adding more settings to Aa, accessible IN a book only (unlike the old keyboard models) is stupid. It's too cluttered. They obviously are now clueless at GUI design.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 11:04 AM   #287
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Do you have excessive battery drain with 5.12.4?
No, seems the same. Or even less. Hard to say.
Advert
Old 05-19-2020, 06:39 PM   #288
binaryhermit
Grand Sorcerer
binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
I think the "excessive battery drain" is the CPU not throttling back once done with indexing?
binaryhermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 04:15 AM   #289
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryhermit View Post
I think the "excessive battery drain" is the CPU not throttling back once done with indexing?
I suppose possible, but seems unlikely. More likely is WiFi not really being off, or left on and not sleeping properly.
Basically I only use WiFi for testing purposes. I've deleted and added books since the update via USB.
I did notice that a book copied via calibre vanished from the home screen when the same book downloaded via WiFi from Amazon directly. A test. I'm sure the sideloaded one didn't have an ASIN? I will have to check and also examine the storage to see is the earlier version there. Reading position changed from 10% to 0%.
Old 05-22-2020, 06:00 AM   #290
binaryhermit
Grand Sorcerer
binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
I suppose possible, but seems unlikely. More likely is WiFi not really being off, or left on and not sleeping properly.
The issue seems intermittent to me, and only seems to happen after I add several books.
binaryhermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-22-2020, 06:44 AM   #291
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryhermit View Post
intermittent to me, and only seems to happen after I add several books.
That's indexing. A Kindle thing. Can be good to eject but leave connected for a while charging. There is a way search shows if indexing is complete, I forget the details.
Old 05-22-2020, 09:07 AM   #292
TheSmitty
Addict
TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite SE, Libra 2, Oasis 3, Boox Note Air 3C, iPad Pro 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
That's indexing. A Kindle thing. Can be good to eject but leave connected for a while charging. There is a way search shows if indexing is complete, I forget the details.
Best way to check is to do a seach for nonsense text such as "dkdkdk". when results show you will see at bottom a line for "Text in Books ()". If I recall, this will be highlighted if it is still indexing books.
TheSmitty is offline   Reply With Quote