Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-25-2020, 09:23 AM   #4126
-BLLB-
-BLLB- began at the beginning.

Device: None
I'm back with another question!

I know Calibre allows you to search for fandom and relationships via the search bar - which I love!

However I'd like to set up custom columns for these. I created two columns, and ensured they were configured correctly in FFF. Relationships is set to Relationships, and fandom is set to Category.

However I'm wondering if I've input the columns wrong now, as nothing is appearing. I've added both the Relationship and Category columns as "Long Text, like columns, not shown in the tag browser" and interpreting the column as HTML.

I'm fairly certain I've done that wrong, so any advice there would be appreciated.

Is there a way to sort this so that the fandom and relationship for every fic will automatically appear, as doing this manually may take some time.

Thank you!
-BLLB- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 12:39 PM   #4127
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
FYI, I would recommend against putting those in Long Text fields in favor of Tag-like text as a general rule. They aren't long texts and Calibre makes it easier to edit tag-like text columns. YMMV.

Just configuring the columns in FFF doesn't fill columns. Remember I said:

"Note that FFF only populates Calibre columns on story download or update. "
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 12:51 PM   #4128
-BLLB-

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
FYI, I would recommend against putting those in Long Text fields in favor of Tag-like text as a general rule. They aren't long texts and Calibre makes it easier to edit tag-like text columns. YMMV.

I've made a relationship column as tag-like text. I've also selected a fic and tried to update it to see if that would work, but it told me there was nothing to update, and the relationship didn't show in the column.

I tried downloading a new fic, and it worked fine, the relationship appeared.

So now I'm wondering how to make the rest of the relationships for each downloaded fic appear.
Old 05-25-2020, 01:05 PM   #4129
-BLLB-

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post

Ahhhh... please ignore my previous post. I think I have sorted it now.

My brain is just scrambled today.

Thanks again!
Old Today, 12:00 PM   #4130
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
New Test Version Posted

2020-05-27
- Fix numWords parsing in adapter_fanficsme.
- Update translations, add Russian.
- Fix broken series parsing in adapter_adastrafanficcom & adapter_lotrgficcom.
- New Site: www.silmarillionwritersguild.org, thanks Alistair!
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote