Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old Yesterday, 02:28 AM   #31
ottischwenk
Fanatic
ottischwenk is less competitive than you.ottischwenk is less competitive than you.ottischwenk is less competitive than you.ottischwenk is less competitive than you.ottischwenk is less competitive than you.ottischwenk is less competitive than you.ottischwenk is less competitive than you.ottischwenk is less competitive than you.ottischwenk is less competitive than you.ottischwenk is less competitive than you.ottischwenk is less competitive than you.

Device: B Ares/Alita, OB Nova2/Poke2/Poke Pro, Tol Epos2/Shine3/Shine2/Page2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
One thing I've noticed when looking at various cloud services are the terms that mention what is permitted and what isn't. Copyrighted materials are specifically mentioned.

Since the terms of Kindle books (I assume other stores have the same terms) are pretty clear about copying, conversion, drm removable, etc. where does that leave Calibre users with regard to their digital books being stored on such services?

This is a general question, not one aimed specially at Mega.
The copyright condition of Mega
Quote:
We respect the copyright of others and require that users of our services comply with the laws of copyright. You are strictly prohibited from using our services to infringe copyright. You may not upload, download, store, share, display, stream, distribute, email, link to, transmit or otherwise make available any files, data, or content that infringes any copyright or other proprietary rights of any person or entity.
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:40 AM   #32
vikarti
Connoisseur
vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Primary: Bookfusion + a lot of Android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
The copyright condition of Mega
Key word - infringes.
I don't think my actions infringe anything.

Also, they speak of "laws of copyright" - who's jurisdiction? There are some differences I'm aware of. Differences which are applicable to such situations.

p.s.
I don't use Mega.
p.p.s
If I DO want to pirate Kindle Store books (as in 'don't pay for them anything') - I think knew how to do that without ever visiting amazon.com. I choose NOT to.
vikarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:33 AM   #33
ottischwenk
Fanatic
ottischwenk is less competitive than you.ottischwenk is less competitive than you.ottischwenk is less competitive than you.ottischwenk is less competitive than you.ottischwenk is less competitive than you.ottischwenk is less competitive than you.ottischwenk is less competitive than you.ottischwenk is less competitive than you.ottischwenk is less competitive than you.ottischwenk is less competitive than you.ottischwenk is less competitive than you.

Device: B Ares/Alita, OB Nova2/Poke2/Poke Pro, Tol Epos2/Shine3/Shine2/Page2
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikarti View Post
Key word - infringes.
And - make available.
If I use something only for myself, I don't make it available
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote