Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 04-08-2020, 10:50 AM   #16
datanoise
Groupie
datanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: inkpad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marinolino View Post
Plato pdf reader on Remarkable
Nice option as well but it seems like the fork hasn't been updated for two years: https://github.com/darvin/plato

I noticed on the youtube link you gave us the draft launcher, which will make it easy to run plato or koreader on the rM2 even with the loss of the physical buttons https://github.com/dixonary/draft-reMarkable . Seems like it can be a pretty versatile ereader with the right apps!
datanoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 07:55 PM   #17
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
I have also been looking into this device as it would replace my Kindle/iPad for reading and allow me to take notes. My biggest concern is how it may handle the metadata when I port books from Calibre to the Rm2. I realize that this is NOT marketed as an e-reader but it would be good to know this upfront especially when it comes to series keeping them in order. I am going to wait until more people have the device and make my decision at that point. For those that have ordered - please post your impressions after you have had time to play with it.
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 10:22 PM   #18
ottischwenk
Fanatic
ottischwenk is less competitive than you.ottischwenk is less competitive than you.ottischwenk is less competitive than you.ottischwenk is less competitive than you.ottischwenk is less competitive than you.ottischwenk is less competitive than you.ottischwenk is less competitive than you.ottischwenk is less competitive than you.ottischwenk is less competitive than you.ottischwenk is less competitive than you.ottischwenk is less competitive than you.

Device: B Ares/Alita, OB Nova2/Poke2/Poke Pro, Tol Epos2/Shine3/Shine2/Page2
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilady1 View Post
I have also been looking into this device as it would replace my Kindle/iPad for reading and allow me to take notes. My biggest concern is how it may handle the metadata when I port books from Calibre to the Rm2. I realize that this is NOT marketed as an e-reader but it would be good to know this upfront especially when it comes to series keeping them in order. I am going to wait until more people have the device and make my decision at that point. For those that have ordered - please post your impressions after you have had time to play with it.
When used as a reader, I would prefer Boox or Likebook devices.
The software from Boox enables notes in all ebook formats that can be displayed by the NeoReader, those from Likebook only in pdf.
Calibre Companion can be installed on the devices of both manufacturers, so that you can move on the device as in Calibre.

Last edited by ottischwenk; 05-23-2020 at 12:39 PM.
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote