Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-26-2022, 10:10 PM   #1
seanos
Zealot
seanos began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Aura H2O, LG V20
Sage near unusable when charging

When I first got it a couple of weeks ago and was setting it up I encountered the worst input lag using the on-screen keyboard and other bits of the UI. It went away, so I put it down to maybe old firmware.

Last night I had to charge for the first time since then (while reading) and found once again that the interface became really laggy and unresponsive. As soon as I unplugged the USB cable it was fine.

Has anyone encountered this?
seanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 10:32 PM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
No, and I've read a number of times while charging. Mostly I charge from a wall socket, not a computer, though.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 12:48 AM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
I have to agree with Sirtel. I've often used my Sage while charging and I haven't noticed any lag.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 01:21 AM   #4
ghira
Zealot
ghira began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Aura One, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Glowlight,
I've used mine while charging and it's been fine.
ghira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 02:34 AM   #5
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
That doesn't ring a bell, no.

One random idea, though: if it's currently inside the PowerCover, get rid of it (that thing's an unrecoverable buggy mess anyway), as I *have* seen the cover doing... all kinds of nasty things to the system.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 06:06 AM   #6
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
No, and I've read a number of times while charging. Mostly I charge from a wall socket, not a computer, though.
Agreed. My charger (from a Lenovo Yoga Tablet) is about x5 faster than the USB2, USB3 or USB-C ports on my computer. So I only charge via PC/Laptop if I've been using Calibre and continuing to work at PC.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 01:48 AM   #7
seanos
Zealot
seanos began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Aura H2O, LG V20
This has not turned out to be consistent at all. It seems fairly random, but I’m also getting more failed page turns (swipe, not keen on the buttons) than on the Aura. Might just still be getting used to it.
seanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 12:09 PM   #8
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanos View Post
This has not turned out to be consistent at all. It seems fairly random, but I’m also getting more failed page turns (swipe, not keen on the buttons) than on the Aura. Might just still be getting used to it.
I've not experienced this with my Sage or any ereader that I recall. I am certainly no expert, but I assume you have tried different books in the event of corrupted files, changed out adapters and cables. My next step would be to perform a full factory reset (not a restart), add only one book, and test again.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2022, 10:33 AM   #9
orangpelupa
Enthusiast
orangpelupa began at the beginning.

Device: none
Try rotating the charger that's plugged to electrical plug.

Try to charge from a USB c power bank

Try using a grounded USB c charger. Like the one from laptops, plugged to a properly grounded electrical plug.

If those fixed it, then it's electricity leak/grounding issues.
orangpelupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2022, 02:10 PM   #10
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
USB-C power bank or charger is irrelevant. Any USB-A works, though some 1.5A ones charge at full speed.
I've never seen an earthed/grounded USB charger.
Also most laptops are not earthed/grounded.
I live in a Country that uses earthed 3 pin wall sockets always, except for isolated shaver sockets.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote