Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-15-2017, 07:56 AM   #1
sjordi
sjordi began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O 2nd, iPad Pro 9.7, Kindle PaperWhite
Sync across device? For ALL ebooks?

Hi,
Is there a 3rd party way or hack to allow the book sync between device?
Reading on a Kobo, then on the Kobo Desktop or smartphone/tablet with everything synced?

I'm not talking about the builtin feature that works only with books you bought from their servers, I'm talking about all the other ePub you could add on the device. I buy books, generate books or receive ePub files and want to be able to read across all platforms.

Thanks for sharing any positive experience.
sjordi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 11:05 AM   #2
DaRon
Enthusiast
DaRon can extract oil from cheeseDaRon can extract oil from cheeseDaRon can extract oil from cheeseDaRon can extract oil from cheeseDaRon can extract oil from cheeseDaRon can extract oil from cheeseDaRon can extract oil from cheeseDaRon can extract oil from cheeseDaRon can extract oil from cheese

Device: KT, KV, KA1, Pyrus mini
Hi,
What about syncthing?
maybe this is worth reading: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...ight=syncthing

hope this helps,
Ron
DaRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2017, 02:27 PM   #3
sjordi
sjordi began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O 2nd, iPad Pro 9.7, Kindle PaperWhite
Hi Ron,
Well it seems it would sync the books themselves, but what I'd like to have is sync the notes, highlights, bookmarks, etc... It doesn't seem to do this.
Thanks
sjordi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 02:16 AM   #4
DaRon
Enthusiast
DaRon can extract oil from cheeseDaRon can extract oil from cheeseDaRon can extract oil from cheeseDaRon can extract oil from cheeseDaRon can extract oil from cheeseDaRon can extract oil from cheeseDaRon can extract oil from cheeseDaRon can extract oil from cheeseDaRon can extract oil from cheese

Device: KT, KV, KA1, Pyrus mini
Hi again,
as far as i know this is only possible with books bought at the kobo store and not with side loaded ones...
asking for someone to correct me if i am wrong.
Ron
DaRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 04:46 PM   #5
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
You're correct. Kobo ignores sideloaded books. Personally, I prefer it that way: Kobo doesn't need to know the other books I'm reading.

I also think Canadian privacy law has something to do with it.
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2017, 11:24 AM   #6
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottdmk View Post
You're correct. Kobo ignores sideloaded books. Personally, I prefer it that way: Kobo doesn't need to know the other books I'm reading.

I also think Canadian privacy law has something to do with it.
I've heard this said many times before (Canadian privacy law) and I don't understand how Kindles can be sold in Canada if that is the case.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 03:56 PM   #7
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
Hard to say. Might have something to do with Kobo being headquartered here. Regardless of the reason, I'm happy to have it this way. If it's not bought from them, Kobo has no business knowing what's on my H2O.
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 06:28 PM   #8
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
It might also have to do with where the backend servers are located.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 09:36 AM   #9
ploum
Zealot
ploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD 3 + koreader
Tolino does it really well. And as Tolino was bought by Kobo, we could keep our finger crossed to see it happening in a not too distant future…
ploum is offline   Reply With Quote