Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 07-23-2017, 04:31 PM   #196
GeckoFriend
Guru
GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad Mini4, Kindle Voyage
I tried to split an epub today and received the following error message:

calibre, version 3.3.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>AttributeError</b>:'NoneType' object has no attribute 'getElementsByTagName'

calibre 3.3 embedded-python: True is64bit: False
Windows-10-10.0.15063-SP0 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
32bit process running on 64bit windows
('Windows', '10', '10.0.15063')
Python 2.7.12+
Windows: ('10', '10.0.15063', 'SP0', u'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM (6, 3, 2) && Kindle and Mobipocket DeDRM (0, 4, 18) && Ignoble Epub DeDRM (0, 2, 6) && Inept Epub DeDRM (0, 2, 1) && Inept PDF DeDRM (0, 1, 9) && eReader PDB 2 PML (0, 0, 8) && Modify ePub (1, 3, 13) && Barnes & Noble (1, 2, 14) && EpubMerge (2, 1, 1) && Reading List (1, 6, 6) && Find Duplicates (1, 6, 3) && Manage Series (1, 2, 8) && Overdrive Link (2, 15, 0) && Open With (1, 5, 10) && Count Pages (1, 8, 0) && Favourites Menu (1, 0, 4) && Search The Internet (1, 7, 6) && Quality Check (1, 9, 11) && View Manager (1, 4, 3) && EpubSplit (2, 2, 1) && Resize Cover (1, 0, 2) && Overdrive Link* (2, 15, 0)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.epubsplit.epubsplit_plugin", line 137, in plugin_button
File "calibre_plugins.epubsplit.epubsplit", line 624, in get_split_lines
File "calibre_plugins.epubsplit.epubsplit", line 556, in get_toc_map
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'getElementsByTagName'

I have no clue what this means. Any help greatly appreciated.
GeckoFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 09:21 AM   #197
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeckoFriend View Post
I tried to split an epub today and received the following error message:
File "calibre_plugins.epubsplit.epubsplit", line 556, in get_toc_map
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'getElementsByTagName'

I have no clue what this means. Any help greatly appreciated.
EpubSplit couldn't find the Table of Contents metadata in the epub.

The most likely cause is that the epub is malformed or incomplete. Usually a pass through Calibre's convert (epub->epub) will help.

It's less likely but possible that it's a good epub with an unanticipated form. I'd have to see a copy of the epub to know.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-25-2017, 12:30 PM   #198
GeckoFriend
Guru
GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad Mini4, Kindle Voyage
Thank you! Converting fixed the problem.
GeckoFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 04:41 AM   #199
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
Feature Request.

I've successfully using this tool to split omnibus that are bigger than the maximum Amazon personal documents size. I normally use to split at 50/50 size, but sometimes it is very difficult to accomplish it because the size of the content is not linear. For example, separating the Delphy Complete Works of H.G. Wells by the 50%/50% sections deals in 40/15MB file sizes. Even looking in the Calibre Book Viewer to locate 22K/22K pages does generate two big different sizes books.

My request is if there can be an extra button that will find the nearest 50/50% section in physical size. Once selected that section, user can go up/down to find the novel that separates nearest to the center.

I think this could be not much complex if the tool will measure each section size and if it contains images and add those images to the amount.

Or even more, ask for a number of parts and then select those parts.
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 06:54 AM   #200
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Or you could just use a USB cable with Calibre to put these rather large eBooks on your Kindle.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2017, 09:18 AM   #201
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Or you could just use a USB cable with Calibre to put these rather large eBooks on your Kindle.
Ye, but then I lose the sync across devices, that is what I really want.
Old 11-26-2017, 09:32 PM   #202
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@rfog,

EpubSplit is built around splitting on TOC entry boundaries. I'm not interested in trying to add code to make it split at arbitrary byte sizes.

But I might be able to add code to show how many bytes will be included in the currently selected TOC sections.

That's going to depend on how complex it is to get the size of sections that have to be split out from files (ie, aren't whole files themselves) and which images they include.
Old 11-27-2017, 03:19 AM   #203
rfog
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
@rfog,

EpubSplit is built around splitting on TOC entry boundaries. I'm not interested in trying to add code to make it split at arbitrary byte sizes.
I was not interested on that, and could be complex, as you must "complete" the tags from the cut part. I mean, you cut at bold and italic then you must add the closing ones in the first part and the opening ones in the second part, plus the section, paragraph, etc..

Quote:
But I might be able to add code to show how many bytes will be included in the currently selected TOC sections.

That's going to depend on how complex it is to get the size of sections that have to be split out from files (ie, aren't whole files themselves) and which images they include.
And yes, that is what I would like to have! And does not need to be completely exact. The idea is to have a book divided in more or less half and half parts.

Old 11-28-2017, 04:54 PM   #204
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Doing it as a live-updating counter would be both difficult and inaccurate.

Instead, here's a test version that just adds a button to calculate the resulting epub size directly.

Last edited by JimmXinu; 12-04-2017 at 01:15 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete test versions
Old 11-29-2017, 03:51 AM   #205
rfog
Guru

Quote:
Doing it as a live-updating counter would be both difficult and inaccurate.

Instead, here's a test version that just adds a button to calculate the resulting epub size directly.
Will check this evening at home (currently at work, European Time).

Thank you.

Old 11-29-2017, 02:33 PM   #206
rfog
Guru

Just tested.

Works fine and is enough for me. This way we can get a approximate amount of what will be used by the book.

You are great!!!!

:t hanks:
Old 11-30-2017, 02:13 PM   #207
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Great! I'm going to wait a few days (maybe a week) to give some time for the Transifex volunteer translators to update the translations for the new strings.

(As, I assume, a Spanish speaker, you might be interested in contributing Spanish translations. See calibre/calibre-plugins on transifex).
Old 11-30-2017, 03:13 PM   #208
rfog
Guru

Yes, I'm Spanish.

Just added the new 6 Spanish strings for your project. Next days I will review the strings done.

I will try to monitor the projects, but if you need new translations (or reviews), please ask me here or via MP.
Old 11-30-2017, 04:42 PM   #209
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Thanks!
Old 12-04-2017, 01:17 PM   #210
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New Release Posted

Version 2.3.0 - 04 Dec 2017
  • Add feature to calculate size of split book.
  • Update translations (from Transifex.com).