Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-27-2015, 03:00 AM   #1
7Strawberries
7Strawberries began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Question Help again. Bright corner

In my Kobo glo HD at the top right corner, it appears to be brighter than the rest of the screen when I turn the brightness high, and the Kobo has a MAC address , but I don't have MAC to begin with.
Secondly,when i swipe or go back home there is some ghosting,for example, if i have the language setting on the screen and I switch it off. The screen will be black but you can see the white outlines of the words. Is this normal? Should I exchange it?

Last edited by 7Strawberries; 12-27-2015 at 04:49 AM.
7Strawberries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 04:05 AM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
MAC address is not related to Apple/Mac products. It's a unique identifier for the device's Internet connection.

I've noticed no ghosting on mine but some ghosting on any eInk is normal. The colder the reader is the more ghosting can occur. As for the brighter pixels that doesn't sound normal to me.

Last edited by Blossom; 12-27-2015 at 04:09 AM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2015, 04:51 AM   #3
7Strawberries

Thank for the reply. Sorry, let me rephrase it, it's just the top corner that is brighter than the rest of the screen, not just a few pixels, even that is not normal.
Old 12-27-2015, 05:52 AM   #4
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Can you post a picture of it?
Old 12-27-2015, 07:57 AM   #5
7Strawberries

Here you go.Top right corner.

Also I found a slight tinge of yellow at botton left of the screen ( you can't seem to seee it in the photo) but its driving me insane.

Q. My sister and I have mid lenght nails, so does the screen get scratch easily?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	005.JPG
Views:	380
Size:	901.5 KB
ID:	144941  
Advert
Old 12-27-2015, 08:28 AM   #6
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Strawberries View Post
Here you go.Top right corner.
You may well be able to get an exchange for that bit of bright light bleed in the corner, if you bought it at a local bricks n mortar store.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 12:23 PM   #7
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

I'd exchange it that is not normal. Mine has no light bleed.

Tags
ghostings, kobo glo hd, pixels