Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 10-29-2015, 05:13 PM   #76
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by spindlegirl View Post
A few years ago, I gave up and bought the giant tome "A Suitable Boy" by Vikram Seth, because it's the size of war and peace, and I can't see it ever gettting e'ed. I tend to buy long books because I tend to read slowly and flit from book to book, at that. So it was a decent buy.
It's available an an ebook in the UK (1492 pp)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Suitable-Boy...dp/B00FRKPC9C/

But not I think in NA
Little.Egret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 05:45 PM   #77
crossi
Guru
crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
yeah. an import fee to the origional country would be great as a workaround. Imagine, governments overlooking a new source of income!
crossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2015, 09:56 PM   #78
bfisher
Wizard
bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Galaxy (Aldiko, Kobo app)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuji35 View Post
Stanley Weintraub's Victoria and Uncrowned King
also his Long Days Journey Into War: December 7, 1941
bfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 10:02 PM   #79
bfisher
Wizard
bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Galaxy (Aldiko, Kobo app)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
It's the same in the US--the Spanish translation is available in ebook form, but not the English.

Shari
I had a similar experience earlier this year. Bernard Cornwell's Waterloo was available at Amazon Canada only in print formats, but the French translation was available in Kindle format - who makes these decisions ????
bfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 10:15 PM   #80
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
I had a similar experience earlier this year. Bernard Cornwell's Waterloo was available at Amazon Canada only in print formats, but the French translation was available in Kindle format - who makes these decisions ????
That is a weird one. It's published by HarperCollins in all English speaking markets as far as I can see. Amazon Canada lists the UK edition, but then lists it as not available. Perhaps some internal dispute between HC divisions as to who has the eBook rights for Canada or something? Really can't imagine the answer.

I'm looking forward to reading this book, although I was unwilling to pay $18 for it so checked it out of the library.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2015, 10:30 PM   #81
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2,Voyage, Kindlle hdx 8.9, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
I have been waiting for more Ann Granger ( Mitchell and Markby Series ) eBooks to become available , there are only a couple in English the rest are in German.
Wearever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 11:13 PM   #82
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wearever View Post
I have been waiting for more Ann Granger ( Mitchell and Markby Series ) eBooks to become available , there are only a couple in English the rest are in German.
They're all available in English in the UK.
Old 10-30-2015, 01:29 AM   #83
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
How about "The Childe Cycle" by Gordon R. Dickson. The Dorsai books.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 01:56 AM   #84
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
Been available for a while now (since 2013), at least in the US (& UK I think)...
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...eries_rw_dp_sw
Old 10-30-2015, 03:35 AM   #85
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post

Luck;
Ken
All available from SF Gateway in the UK.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 04:39 AM   #86
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaiwala View Post
Moby Dick, Ulysses, ...
We have a library here at MR, and sometimes you have to ook no further to find the best editions you can hope for for free right here:

Complete Joyce

Ulysses Variorum Edition

Complete Melville

Moby-Dick

Last edited by doubleshuffle; 10-30-2015 at 04:40 AM. Reason: No, I'm not going to edit out the "ook" typo. It's gonna stay in memory of the greatest librarian in literature...
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 12:05 PM   #87
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2,Voyage, Kindlle hdx 8.9, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
They're all available in English in the UK.
Thanks Brian, but I think I would need a UK account. I did see english paperback versions of all her books at Amazon. So maybe they all will become available in ebook at some point.I did read the two they had in english a while ago.
Wearever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 04:09 PM   #88
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The poster you quoted was talking about ebooks in the UK. Do you have a link to a UK edition, please? I'm unable to find it.

Thanks,
No, I don't. I see that the paper version is available but not the ebook. How truly odd. I'm so use to backlist books being available in the UK but not the US.

But hey, if you want to order the book and need a US address, we can talk.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 04:59 PM   #89
peterwardgd
Addict
peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura
The Marseilles trilogy by Jean-Claude Izzo unless i'm mistaken still isn't available in any ebook format sadly.
peterwardgd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 06:46 PM   #90
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterwardgd View Post
The Marseilles trilogy by Jean-Claude Izzo unless i'm mistaken still isn't available in any ebook format sadly.
It's on Amazon UK. In French, as one would expect from a French author.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote