Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 03-16-2011, 11:26 PM   #1
jamesbeat
Connoisseur
jamesbeat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jamesbeat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jamesbeat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jamesbeat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jamesbeat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jamesbeat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jamesbeat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jamesbeat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jamesbeat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jamesbeat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jamesbeat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony PRS 505
Proofreading on iphone with stanza- annotations?

I recently scanned (actually photographed) one of my favorite books and ocr'd it with ABBYY Finereader.
It worked remarkably well, and after a little spellchecking and editing, it's almost perfect.

As I'm reading it though, I'm noticing a few minor errors. They aren't bad enough to ruin the reading experience, but I feel like I should correct them as I put so much time and effort into the digitizing process.

I'm reading it on my iphone with Stanza.
I have annotated some of the errors, but I don't really know how to make use of the annotations.
I guess I could flick through the whole book, keeping my eye out for highlighted sections and edit a copy on my computer with sigil, but that seems rather laborious!

Is there a way to export the annotated version so I can just scroll through and correct it?

I've tried everything I can think of, so I hope someone can help me...

Last edited by jamesbeat; 03-16-2011 at 11:35 PM.
jamesbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:20 AM   #2
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Not ideal since you started in Stanza, but if you do the annotating in iBooks instead, you can then view the entire list of notes and highlights in the TOC/Bookmark settings. The notes can even be emailed or printed (unfortunately not the highlights) But it might be easiest to just prop up your iPhone, scroll thru the highlight list, and make corrections in Sigil that way.

Last edited by kjk; 03-17-2011 at 12:38 AM.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2011, 12:37 AM   #3
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Here is what bookmarks, highlights, and notes look like in iBooks:
The first one is a bookmark, the next three are highlights, and the one with the little yellow sticky is a note. Clicking on any of these takes you to the page it is on. You can just scroll down the list.

Only the notes get emailed, unfortunately.

kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 08:55 AM   #4
jamesbeat
Connoisseur
jamesbeat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jamesbeat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jamesbeat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jamesbeat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jamesbeat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jamesbeat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jamesbeat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jamesbeat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jamesbeat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jamesbeat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jamesbeat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony PRS 505
Thanks for your comprehensive help, but unforunately I can't use ibooks!
I have the iphone 3G and when I upgraded to iOS4, I had the same problem as a lot of others- my phone slowed down to a crawl.
I could rarely get ibooks to even load, and when it did, I didn't like it as much as Stanza.
One of the first things they recommend to fix the slowdown problem is deleting unused apps.
I deleted ibooks and found that, while my phone was still slower than it was, I got an immediate and significant speed improvement as soon as I deleted ibooks.

Kind of ironic since the only reason I 'upgraded' to iOS4 in the first place was so that I could use ibooks...
jamesbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 10:04 AM   #5
jswinden
Nameless Being

The Kindle app also performs much like iBooks in listing your anotations, although it is MOBI rather than ePub. Since I got my iPad I've grown to dislike Stanza. Stanza is okay on the small screens of iphones but it is very lacking on large screened iPads. iBooks, Kindle app, Nook app, etc. all do a better job with more features. I guess they will possibly just let Stanza die by not updating it, kind of like eReader was allowed to stagnate and fall way behind the other apps.
Advert