Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

View Poll Results: Huh?
Sure 2 66.67%
Whatever 0 0%
Okay 0 0%
Huh? 1 33.33%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-03-2012, 02:14 PM   #1
macuser16
macuser16 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question Kindle Touch Demo Version Unlock, Help Please

Hello,
I have been surfing the forums here and found plenty of documentation on how to unlock a kindle touch. Unfortunately for me, nearly every one of them has been assuming the condition that the user's Kindle Touch has already been unlocked for use with USB mode. The guides that I found that explained how to put your Kindle into USB mode are made for Windows users. This is yet another hurdle in my path to converting/jailbreaking my STORE DEMO KINDLE TOUCH into a useable version because I own a Mac computer.
Is there any chance that somebody out there has information that can steer me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance!
macuser16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:18 PM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Try the thread(s) titled: "Jailbreak"
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2012, 02:18 PM   #3
macuser16

any other suggestions?
Old 11-03-2012, 02:20 PM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macuser16 View Post
any other suggestions?
That is the only one you need.
What you want to do is known here as a "Jailbreak" not as an "Unlock".
Old 11-03-2012, 02:22 PM   #5
macuser16

I am aware that jailbreak is basically the same as unlock. I know what that means. Still, I cannot find a suitable solution.
Advert
Old 11-03-2012, 02:31 PM   #6
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
I am aware that jailbreak is basically the same as unlock. I know what that means. Still, I cannot find a suitable solution.
That is not our fault.
We have the subject indexed and not hidden from the site search.
Old 11-03-2012, 02:34 PM   #7
macuser16

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
That is not our fault.
We have the subject indexed and not hidden from the site search.
I am not blaming anybody of anything. I am simply asking for help. I have jailbroken devices before, this terminology isn't exactly foreign to me.

I have also searched these forums before even thinking about signing up for a profile. The only reason I have done so is because I thought somebody might be able to help.
Old 11-03-2012, 02:35 PM   #8
macuser16

BTW: I am still searching the forums as we speak for something that will help.
Old 11-03-2012, 03:12 PM   #9
macuser16

Alright. I found something that I think SHOULD work, although I still cannot get my Kindle Touch to enter USB Mode as it is still in Store Demo Mode.

http://yifan.lu/p/kindle-touch-jailbreak/
Old 11-03-2012, 03:59 PM   #10
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Hello,
I have been surfing the forums here and found plenty of documentation on how to unlock a kindle touch. Unfortunately for me, nearly every one of them has been assuming the condition that the user's Kindle Touch has already been unlocked for use with USB mode. The guides that I found that explained how to put your Kindle into USB mode are made for Windows users. This is yet another hurdle in my path to converting/jailbreaking my STORE DEMO KINDLE TOUCH into a useable version because I own a Mac computer.
Is there any chance that somebody out there has information that can steer me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance!
Read the "simple debricking" sticky thread for ideas. Jailbreaking can only be done AFTER debricking.

Check out this thread for getting 3G working after debricking:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=195975

There is a Mac version of fastboot. There is also a cross-platform imx_usb_loader tool that can be used instead of the windows-specific MfgTool. Or you can run MfgTool in a VM.

Last edited by geekmaster; 04-13-2014 at 12:17 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote