Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-14-2018, 02:10 PM   #1
ElWorm
Zealot
ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.

Device: Kobo H2O, Paperwhite 3, Oasis 2, Pocketbook HD, Glowlight Plus
Woot has refurbished Voyages today

I saw Woot has refurbished Voyages for today only.
https://www.woot.com/category/comput...f=w_ft_tn_cp_4
ElWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 03:37 PM   #2
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElWorm View Post
I saw Woot has refurbished Voyages for today only.
https://www.woot.com/category/comput...f=w_ft_tn_cp_4
At $100 with the standard Kindle refurbished (90-day) warranty, that's a pretty good deal. I'm guessing there's going to be fewer and fewer Voyages available soon as they continue rounding up the strays and selling them.

Last edited by rcentros; 11-14-2018 at 05:54 PM.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 03:50 PM   #3
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I don't know what to make of this, but on Amazon's website they're selling refurbished Voyages for $140 (without cellular) or $160 (with cellular). These are pre-order prices and these are due to ship on November 27th. But, even though they're listed as refurbished in the headlines, the condition is reported as New (full warranty in sealed box). Maybe this scheduled to be a "Black Friday" blowout kind of thing? At any rate, it might be worth looking into this if you're in the market for a new Voyage. (You probably would want to call Customer Service for clarification.)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...y_technology=0

EDIT: Maybe refurbished Kindles are always listed as "New"? I see refurbished Paperwhite 3s are also listed as "New." So, it's probably a "never-mind" moment.

Last edited by rcentros; 11-14-2018 at 05:53 PM.
Old 11-14-2018, 04:27 PM   #4
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2,Voyage, Kindlle hdx 8.9, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
I don't know what to make of this, but on Amazon's website they're selling refurbished Voyages for $140 (without cellular) or $160 (with cellular). These are pre-order prices and these are due to ship on November 27th. But, even though they're listed as refurbished in the headlines, the condition is reported as New (full warranty in sealed box). Maybe this scheduled to be a "Black Friday" blowout kind of thing? At any rate, it might be worth looking into this if you're in the market for a new Voyage. (You probably would want to call Customer Service for clarification.)

That is interesting ! I was expecting Woot to get more Voyages, but not new ones. It's a good deal.
Wearever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 05:54 PM   #5
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wearever View Post
That is interesting ! I was expecting Woot to get more Voyages, but not new ones. It's a good deal.
Sorry, I wasn't very very clear. The "New" refurbished Voyages were on Amazon, not Woot. But I think "New" just means refurbished anyhow. (I edited the wrong post.)
Old 11-15-2018, 11:30 AM   #6
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post

EDIT: Maybe refurbished Kindles are always listed as "New"? I see refurbished Paperwhite 3s are also listed as "New." So, it's probably a "never-mind" moment.
Given that the Voyage has been around since 2014, I wonder if a refurbished unit comes with a new battery installed?
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 11:34 AM   #7
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Definitely, if you are looking for a 3G, that's a deal since they boost the price up about $75 now for 3G. I would have bought one of these refurbished units, but I just bought a NEW Voyage 2 months ago, so now I have 2. Tempted, but I don't need 3G any longer.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 05:38 PM   #8
Kolja
Zealot
Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
When I purchased my Voyage earlier this week from Amazon it was only described as new. The refurbished word wasn't anywhere in the description and I was charged $199. I hope I'm getting a new one.
Kolja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 07:29 PM   #9
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolja View Post
When I purchased my Voyage earlier this week from Amazon it was only described as new. The refurbished word wasn't anywhere in the description and I was charged $199. I hope I'm getting a new one.
You got the right one. Otherwise it is very clear that it is certified refurbished and the price is nowhere near $199. Periodically, new ones will show up and then they take it down again until more new ones arrive from other warehouses.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 09:44 AM   #10
JimmyR
ɴₐɴ
JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV PW4 PW3 PW2
Mine arrived yesterday evening. I was surprised it got here so quickly. I had to charge it for a few minutes before it would boot, but boot it did thankfully. It is in very good condition--no scratches and all the buttons and USB port work.

It came with special offers and firmware 5.9.6.1. I updated to 5.9.7 then 5.10.1.1. So far, I like it a lot. Compared to the PW4, the screen is a bit brighter and the text is a little clearer (better contrast). I did take photos of the Voyage and PW4 side by side with the same settings, but the differences in text clarity didn't really come across in the images.

I'll probably keep special offers on the Voyage. Since my first Kindle, a K3, I've always gotten rid of Special Offers. Also, I've always side-loaded all my books; after buying, they go straight to Calibre and converted to ePub for editing--I'm mildly OCD about formatting.... However, since I have 6 months of Kindle Unlimited, I'm going to to use Voyage for browsing the store and downloading books, and not worry so much about formatting issues. I've never really bothered with X-ray, Goodreads, etc., but I'll make use of those things as well.

The cover I ordered also arrived yesterday:
Ayotu Colorful Shell for Kindle Voyage E-Reader -- The Starry Night

It's not bad for a low-cost cover. It's a little slippery to handle but I have little trouble holding it.
JimmyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 08:52 PM   #11
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

$100 refurbished Voyages are back up at Woot. (For how long, I don't know.)

https://computers.woot.com/offers/ki...lnd_cat_pc_4_6
Old 11-22-2018, 03:13 PM   #12
Kolja
Zealot
Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
You got the right one. Otherwise it is very clear that it is certified refurbished and the price is nowhere near $199. Periodically, new ones will show up and then they take it down again until more new ones arrive from other warehouses.
I got my Voyage yesterday, earlier than expected and it is brand new. The screen is slightly warmer than my other Voyage but no significant gradient and I'm happy with it. Also got the dark blue Origami cover which hasn't been available recently. The battery was very low and the version was old so it must have been sitting around in the warehouse for a while. Working perfectly with the latest version for the Voyage downloaded.
Kolja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 03:25 PM   #13
JimmyR
ɴₐɴ
JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV PW4 PW3 PW2
I ordered a second one which arrived today. It has 3G! I guess I got lucky. Like the first, it's in very good condition. Came with 5.9.6.1 firmware.
JimmyR is offline   Reply With Quote