Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-25-2018, 10:23 AM   #46
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Mend is the replacement for HTMLTidy. The difference being that Mend doesn't break anything or randomly eat any content (or create any extraneous css) like Tidy used to do. It fixes broken xhtml (and it knows what headers are required for epub2 vs epub3).

If you've not disabled Mend on Open/Save in your preferences (and I don't recommend anyone disable it), then you've been using Mend every Open/Save.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 05-25-2018 at 10:25 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 10:32 AM   #47
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
@AlanHK: If you only work with epub3 files, you could temporarily patch plugin.py as follows:

change line 326:

Code:
xml += '<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/DTD/xhtml11.dtd">\n'
to:

Code:
xml += '<!DOCTYPE html>\n'
change line 354:

Code:
self.bk1.addfile(uid, basename, xml, mime)
to:
Code:
self.bk1.addfile(uid, basename, xml, mime, 'svg')
Make sure not to modify the tab characters before each line!
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 07:36 PM   #48
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanHK View Post
I can't find an explanation of what "Mend code" does, it's not in the the last version of the Sigil User Guide (0.7.2, as far as I know). Is there any documentation of just what it does?
Try this version of the UG ==>> Sigil_User_Guide_updated[Tex][2018.04.17].epub

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 12:25 AM   #49
AlanHK
Guru
AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW-3, iPad, Android phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
@AlanHK: If you only work with epub3 files, you could temporarily patch plugin.py as follows:
Thanks, but I only use epub3 when it's a requirement. I'll just fix them ad hoc when I do.

It looks like the plugin creator CalibUser hasn't been here for 6 months. So unless someone adopts it it may never be updated.
I've got no experience with Python so couldn't undertake it myself, even it was kosher to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Mend is the replacement for HTMLTidy. The
If you've not disabled Mend on Open/Save in your preferences (and I don't recommend anyone disable it), then you've been using Mend every Open/Save.
I do use it. Probably it has fixed problems like this I was unaware of. Just in this case I did an epubcheck immediately after I ran the SVG plugin, as I'm more cautious with epub3 and recheck frequently before saving so I can isolate and undo any errors.

Last edited by AlanHK; 05-26-2018 at 12:33 AM.
AlanHK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 07:06 AM   #50
CalibUser
Addict
CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.

Device: Sony
Epub2 and EPub 3

Hi,

I have tried to update the plugin to cope with epub 2 and epub 3 books (attached).

However, the plugin enters a loop so that when the plugin finishes running it runs again.

As I have been coding in another language for the last 6 months I may have confused that code with Python and done something stupid.

Can anybody spot my error?

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: zip InsertImageSVG_TEST.zip (11.5 KB, 380 views)

Last edited by CalibUser; 05-26-2018 at 07:30 AM.
CalibUser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 08:10 AM   #51
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
No error. This will happen the first time you install a plugin (this bug was fixed in master). After installing a plugin the first time, simply close out of Sigil and restart it to work around this problem.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 08:42 AM   #52
CalibUser
Addict
CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.

Thanks, Kevin, I did not realise this bug existed.

I have uploaded an updated version of the plugin to the first post in this thread. The plugin will work with both epub 2 and epub 3 books.

Thanks to Doitsu for identifying the changes needed - this saved me time.
Old 06-29-2018, 02:05 AM   #53
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Hi

Image numbering

Thank you for this very useful plugin.

I found that the numbering of images of the plugin differs from the one of the file manager. This could be confusing and requires extra care from the user when he (she) wishes to insert many images. I think that the numbering which should be used by the plugin should be the same as the one used by the file manager (right screenshot).

see ePub3 screenshots for clearer explanations:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sigil.png
Views:	450
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	164720   Click image for larger version

Name:	sigil2.png
Views:	423
Size:	10.8 KB
ID:	164721  

Last edited by roger64; 06-29-2018 at 02:11 AM.
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 06:28 AM   #54
CalibUser
Addict

@roger64: I'm glad you find my plugin useful.

I looked at the issue your raised but must admit that I don't understand it. When 'Import image' is selected it shows a list of files that are available in the selected folder on your hard drive (including any numbers that are in their filenames). If you select a file from this list and click 'Insert' then the relevant file is imported into Sigil using exactly the same name as the original file on the disk. If this included a number then this is included in the filename of the imported file in the 'Images' section.

Are you finding that the number in the filename is changing when it is imported into the ePub? Could it be that the images are listed in a different order in the 'Images' section of the ePub to that in the folder and this is causing confusion?

Another thought - I have only tested this on Windows 7 as I don't have access to other computers. Are you using a different OS?
Old 07-01-2018, 10:24 AM   #55
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I am using Linux. Follow the numbers one by one please.

The screenshot on the left shows the numbers begin with the waist down then the head down, while on the right it goes from head to foot. Each image keeps its own number but why display them in that broken order?
Old 07-01-2018, 08:03 PM   #56
slowsmile
Witchman
slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android S5
@CalibUser...I think roger64 is asking if you could just do an ascending top down sort of the image filenames before they are displayed in your dialog.
slowsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 01:35 AM   #57
roger64
Wizard

Thank you slowsmile. Human communication is tough at times...

Let me count sequentially (i.e. reading from top to bottom), plugin-wise:
001, 010, 011, 012, 013, 014, 015, 016, 017, 018*, 002, 003, 004, 005, 006, 007, 008, 009

To compare with Sigil
001, 002, 003, 004, 005, 006, 007, 008, 009, 010, 011, 012, 013, 014, 015, 016, 017, 018*

*The book contains 18 images so there is no 019.

Take the first number (three digits) of each of these two lists above which is the same 001 (luck!). The number following immediately this number 001 (I mean on its right) is NOT the same for the plugin than for Sigil. One of them may be wrong.

Last edited by roger64; 07-02-2018 at 03:08 AM.
Old 07-02-2018, 01:41 PM   #58
CalibUser
Addict

Ah, I see what you mean. Thanks for clarifying, slowsmile.

I will look at this as soon as I can, although I may not get time to do it this coming weekend.
Old 07-03-2018, 01:13 AM   #59
roger64
Wizard

You are welcome. Thank you for taking care of this detail.
Old 07-08-2018, 09:10 AM   #60
CalibUser
Addict

I have updated the plugin so that the list of images are shown in alphanumerical order.

The update is attached to the first post in this thread.