Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 03-02-2018, 03:53 PM   #16
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
With values like that, the front light would be useless as it would be too bright.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 04:21 PM   #17
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
@trekk
The file to play around with is in frontend/device/kobo/sysfs_light.lua.

@JSWolf
I don't know what it looks like on the One, but on my H2O the only frontlight level I occasionally use is 1 and everything over 10 is absurdly bright. If there's more precise control to be had in the lower brightness levels, that's where it's at as far as I'm concerned. But only people with that kind of frontlight can properly play around with this stuff.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 04:49 PM   #18
dengste
dengste can illuminate an eclipsedengste can illuminate an eclipsedengste can illuminate an eclipsedengste can illuminate an eclipsedengste can illuminate an eclipsedengste can illuminate an eclipsedengste can illuminate an eclipsedengste can illuminate an eclipsedengste can illuminate an eclipsedengste can illuminate an eclipsedengste can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kobo Aura One
@trekk:

In the file Frenzie mentioned, try reducing the values for white_gain and white_offset (note the latter is negative).
dengste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 07:13 AM   #19
Royalblue
Royalblue began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo blue
I don't know if I am right here but maybe I am.

@Dengste
First of all thanks soooo very much for finally implementing the warm light for the KA1. I am so gratefull for this.

But as always I got one, two followup questions: Are you planning to make use of the light sensor and are you planning for a time controlled feature (eg like in the originial nickel software) for the warmth of the screen in the foreseeable future?

But most of all thanks for your work til this point already....
Royalblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 11:06 AM   #20
dengste
dengste can illuminate an eclipsedengste can illuminate an eclipsedengste can illuminate an eclipsedengste can illuminate an eclipsedengste can illuminate an eclipsedengste can illuminate an eclipsedengste can illuminate an eclipsedengste can illuminate an eclipsedengste can illuminate an eclipsedengste can illuminate an eclipsedengste can illuminate an eclipse

@royalblue: Yes to both, but it might take a few weeks since I currently don't have much time. Watch those issues for progress:

https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/2285
https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/2500
Old 03-03-2018, 12:16 PM   #21
trekk
Terraner
trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Aura One, Kindle Oasis 1 & 2 ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by dengste View Post
@trekk:

In the file Frenzie mentioned, try reducing the values for white_gain and white_offset (note the latter is negative).
Thank you, guys! Very helpful!
trekk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 03:11 PM   #22
dengste

The latest release now has a widget to change these values. Fiddling with these values isn't straightforward and takes some experimentation. If you find a good set, please let me know and maybe we can come up with some good presets.