Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats > LRF

Notices

Old 09-26-2007, 01:17 PM   #91
yargoflick
Enthusiast
yargoflick is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony Reader
lime2k: thanks, that works fine.

Are there wiki pages for pielrf, or txt2html, that describe usage?
I'm thinking pages that show supported tags and usage tips, tricks and examples?

If there are some could ya point me the way.

If there aren't I'ld be happy to start some.
Documentation wiki (how does one pluralise wiki?) rock.
yargoflick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 10:10 PM   #92
DreamDreams
DreamDreams began at the beginning.

A little patch with allows utf-8 in title, author and category from command line

diff pielrf.orig pielrf
524a525,530
> if not isinstance(options.title, unicode):
> options.title = options.title.decode('utf-8')
> if not isinstance(options.category, unicode):
> options.category = options.category.decode('utf-8')
> if not isinstance(options.author, unicode):
> options.author = options.author.decode('utf-8')

Last edited by DreamDreams; 09-29-2007 at 11:31 PM.
DreamDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 11:50 AM   #93
megacoupe
Connoisseur
megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ns66 View Post
why even if i set margins=0, there are still space on left and right side, how do i make them smaller to make more use of the precsious screen? make screen width bigger like 620 doesn't help either

thx
Yes, I'm having the same problem; are there any setting tricks so that all the space on the Reader's screen is used up?

So far, I've tried the following:

--topmargin=0 --sidemargin=0 --headerstyle=none

But I still get enough empty space above and below to fit in 4 more lines of text (and a small amount of space on the left and right side as well). I tried adding this as well:

--headerheight=0

While that seems to remove the extra space at the top, it makes a new gap at the bottom that's twice as large. Changing the variable to "1" and "5" produces the same effect.

Ideally, I'd like to have the entire screen used (corner to corner). I'm going to mess around with this some more, but suggestions from anyone who's been using pielrf for longer than I have would be greatly appreciated.
megacoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 01:16 PM   #94
Lime2K
Lime2K began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader (PRS-500)
If you change the margins, you've got to change --screenwidth and --screenheight as well. Default width and height is 475 x 690. (Note you don't get 800 pixels of height out of the screen due to the status bar at the bottom of the screen).

Hope this helps!
Lime2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 08:09 PM   #95
megacoupe
Connoisseur
megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Well, I finally managed to get the text to fill the top and bottom of the screen using ALL of these commands:

--headerstyle=none --headerheight=0 --topmargin=0 --sidemargin=0 --screenheight=800 --screenwidth=650

The only problem is, I still have the thin blank spaces on the left and right sides. I started with a screenwidth of 600 and worked up to 650 in increments of 10, but there were no changes visible in any of my tests. I've given up figuring this last part out, unless someone has an inspired command for me to try out (I even tried using negative values for --sidemargin, but I got an error from the program).
megacoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 07:41 PM   #96
EatingPie
Blueberry!
EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.

Device: Sony PRS-500 (RIP); PRS-600 (Good Riddance); PRS-505; PRS-650; PRS-350
Version 2.1.3 - New HTML Tags, Option for No Page Break at Chapters

New version pielrf 2.1.3.

See first post to download.

NEW FEATURES
striphtml --atochapter can take HTML anchor tags and create <chapter> tags with them.
--use-html is now the default.
--baselineskip=120 is now the default
--nochapterbreaks does NOT put a pagebreak between chapters.
Added missing HTML tags.

Examples
striphtml --atochapter converts the following...
Quote:
<a NAME="SOME_TAG">This is a Chapter</a>
to
<chapter>This is a Chapter
--nochapterbreaks implements n66's request from the following post:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...4&postcount=81

New HTML tags implement those found by lime2k in the following post:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...3&postcount=85

Sorry on the time it took to update. I created some crufty code in this update, and just got frustrated. It freakin' works though, which somehow makes it even MORE frustrating! Next step is to streamline the code (purely a "programmer's thing" and won't effect functionality).

Anway, here it is... or there it is in the first post.

-Pie

Last edited by EatingPie; 10-09-2007 at 07:46 PM.
EatingPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 03:09 PM   #97
EatingPie
Blueberry!
EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.

Device: Sony PRS-500 (RIP); PRS-600 (Good Riddance); PRS-505; PRS-650; PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by phrodod View Post
I have a strange bug to report. When paragraphs are joined together, somehow the space inserted between lines is a non-expanding space, while regular lines are expanding spaces. This makes the text look very strange if a lot of space gets added (e.g., at large size) in a line like:
Code:
This    line    of    text    has strange    spacing    in    it!
I can't see where the offending code is, so I can't offer a fix. Sorry!

Phrodod
This a Reader issue rather than a "programmatic" problem Pielrf strips spaces so that there is only one space between each word, and the Reader itself adds additional spacing to create justified text.

Typically you get lines like that when the previous or next lines have very large words in them. The Reader justifies all text, so lines where large words didn't fit get more spacing.

-Pie
EatingPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 12:15 AM   #98
Lime2K
Lime2K began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader (PRS-500)
I think he's referring more to the fact that some lines have both big and small spaces in them, instead of having even justification across a line.

Example:

This is a line justified how it should be.
This is a line justified how it is wrong.

Where the line ends, there's a small space, instead of a properly justified one.
Lime2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 05:59 PM   #99
turtleclock
turtleclock began at the beginning.

Device: Blackberry 8800, PRS-505
Another question, can pielrf put a title page in the book before the TOC? I'd like to have the first page be the Author and the Title, then a page break via the * * * line, then the automatically generated TOC. Is this possible?
turtleclock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 10:40 PM   #100
SilverMachine
SilverMachine began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
To expand on turtle's request, I have a two-part suggestion.

1: To be a little more flexible, I would like to insert the TOC at wherever I put the "TOC-goes-here" tag (which should ideally immediately precede a "chapter" tag). Why? that would permit building a book like "Title page - inside front cover blurb - publication info - TOC - chapters."

I was trying to build a book like that (but without the toc, knowing pielrf would generate it) and kept wondering why I kept getting an entry in the generated TOC called "undefined" until I realized that (doh!) there had to be something at the beginning, and if I didn't define the first bit as some kind of chapter then it was, of course, undefined.

I've also had difficulty with being unable to break pages without setting a chapter mark, but that's not really important -- I thought * * * was supposed to pagebreak, but it seems to only separate paragraphs.

2: Actually, I lied in part 1. What I really want is "(cover art) - Title page - inside front cover blurb - publication info - TOC - chapters" but I read earlier in this thread that inserting pictures isn't something you're too likely to do. Ah well, this is only a "it would be nice if" request, not a "I really need this feature" request.

I've not done any python programming, but I was looking at your code and it seems to me (and I could be all wet, not a good thing around computers or books) that it ought to be possible to emit some code before you even get around to assembling the TOC -- but I'm really not sure how to do it.

Thank you for writing pielrf - I just got my 505 for Christmas & being the type I am I immediately started loading it up with what I had available, but you have taken care of the hardest part for me with this easy little tool.
SilverMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 07:29 AM   #101
diablo9
diablo9 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS500
Hi there,
First thanks alot for the hard work of both EatingPie and simmepimme.
So I downloaded 2.13 of Pielrf and PielrfGUI. I downloaded Python 2.51 and installed it correctly in 10.5.1 OSX with the installer package. Then I extracted pielrf-2.1.3 into: /user/myusername/downloads/pielrf-2.1.3.
I also copied PielrfGUI into same folder.
Then I open terminal go to above folder, and type:

sudo python setup.py install

now it showed:

running install
running build
running build_py
running build_scripts
running install_lib
running install_scripts
changing mode of /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/bin/asciicheck to 755
changing mode of /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/bin/pielrf to 755
changing mode of /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/bin/striphtml to 755
running install_egg_info
Removing /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/site-packages/pielrf-2.0-py2.5.egg-info
Writing /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/site-packages/pielrf-2.0-py2.5.egg-info

So this mean the pielrf is correctly installed right?

Then I launch PielrfGUI and go to menu-->install library pielrf, and there is no prompt no whatsoever.
So I opened the sample basic-test.txt in examples folder, made couple of changes in PielrfGUI and go to File-->save, and put "filename.lrf".
Now it gave me: "library failure!" have you installed pielrf library? also make sure you are using python with version >2.5. There is also a log: "env: python: Not a directory"

But I DID install pielrf library in the above step, didn't I???
Please help~~~

Last edited by diablo9; 01-20-2008 at 07:30 AM. Reason: improve
diablo9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 06:53 AM   #102
eumesmo
Connoisseur
eumesmo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.eumesmo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.eumesmo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Praise

I must say I do love this app, it really does make it easy as pie(eating that is). Still, I too would like to request jpg support, nothing fancy, just take jpg and resize it to fit horizontally, like Web2Book, it would be so helpful in making text books, please please, I do beseech you.
eumesmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 08:04 AM   #103
myway
myway began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Running issues

Hi all

i both use Mac & Winxp but got same problems

Quote:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Volumes/PielrfGUI/PielrfGUI.app/Contents/Resources/pielrf/pielrf", line 130, in <module>
from pielrf.chapterbook import *
ImportError: No module named pielrf.chapterbook
i installed python 2.5 and run python -version is ok.

What can i do ?

ok, i tired again and run "sudo python setup.py install" under PielrfGUI folder. Then i try to convert the txt but get this error msg:

Quote:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Volumes/PielrfGUI/PielrfGUI.app/Contents/Resources/pielrf/pielrf", line 919, in <module>
pielrf()
File "/Volumes/PielrfGUI/PielrfGUI.app/Contents/Resources/pielrf/pielrf", line 656, in pielrf
book = ChapterBook(cmdline)
File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/site-packages/pielrf/chapterbook.py", line 145, in __init__
options.title = convert_title_text(options.title)
File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/site-packages/pielrf/textconvert.py", line 366, in convert_button_text
line = convert_misc(line)
File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/site-packages/pielrf/textconvert.py", line 333, in convert_misc
line = line.replace("---", u"\u2013")
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xe5 in position 0: ordinal not in range(128)

Last edited by myway; 12-28-2008 at 08:17 AM.
myway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 05:45 PM   #104
daesdaemar
Addict
daesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 3, iPad 3
I am trying to format a bible and am happy at this point to use the names of the biblical books as chapter titles.

In using pielrf, I can use the command: pielrf.py -i bible.txt -o bible.lrf
and I get a nice conversion.

However, if I use the command: pielrf.py -i bible.txt -o bible.lrf <chapter>genesis <chapter>exodus
then I keep getting the error message "The system cannot find the file specified"

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
daesdaemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 12:35 PM   #105
yargoflick
Enthusiast
yargoflick is on a distinguished road

If I'm hearing ya right... I think you've misunderstood.
You're supposed to edit the bible.txt file, search through it, and put <chapter> tags on the lines you want come out as titles. The <chapter> tags go in the text file being processed, not on the command line.

Hope that helps,
Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by daesdaemar View Post
I am trying to format a bible and am happy at this point to use the names of the biblical books as chapter titles.

In using pielrf, I can use the command: pielrf.py -i bible.txt -o bible.lrf
and I get a nice conversion.

However, if I use the command: pielrf.py -i bible.txt -o bible.lrf <chapter>genesis <chapter>exodus
then I keep getting the error message "The system cannot find the file specified"

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
yargoflick is offline   Reply With Quote