Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 07-19-2021, 04:26 AM   #1
xBub
xBub began at the beginning.

Device: None
Boox Note Air Versions?

The Boox pen page (https://shop.boox.com/products/onyx-...-tips-magnetic) seems to suggest some note air has the “magnetic symbol” and some doesn’t. Are there different versions of the note air? I wonder if Boox has updated the device to improve the magnetic strength. Anyone has any idea?
xBub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 01:32 PM   #2
japinder
jp
japinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Onyx Boox Note Air, Remarkable 1, Kindle Oasis 2
I just bought my Note Air today.

On all the reviews & videos I've seen, all of them say the new pen can be attached to the side. I haven't come across any mention of a Note Air version without magnets to hold the pen.

If we take a look at the page https://shop.boox.com/products/onyx-...36801915846819, it also says this in the page text:
"The Magnetic function only companion to the Note Air,Not applicable to Max Lumi, Max3, Max2, Note3, Note2, Note Pro, Note, Nova3, Nova2, Nova pro, etc."

So I believe the differentiation is that Note Air is magnetic, so you should buy the magnetic pen, otherwise you won't be able to stick it on the side. If you're buying any other Boox eReader device, then then it won't have the magnet to hold the pen, so there's no point & in that case its better to buy the non-magnetic version. In fact for non-Note Air devices, since they're not designed with magnet from scratch an additional magnet may interfere with normal functionality.

Just my $0.02.

Thanks,
Jp
japinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert