Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 07-25-2010, 10:55 AM   #1
manustone
manustone began at the beginning.

Device: non
is web browsing + DJVU format available in Samsung e60

Hi All
I am very interested in buying the SAMSUNG E60.
What is not completely clear to is whether they have a web browsing functionality or not + if they support the DJVU file format.

What about web browsing features?

Do you know if I can connect to the wifi internet of my house or my office to to read posts on Google Groups or Wikipedia?

It has WIFI capability for sure, but it seems that the best you can do is connecting to a list of book shop and that's all. What does it mean?

Samsung comes with a real Adobe Acrobat Reader software and promising hardware but I cannot find clear info or statement about what I need.

Probably for the DJVU format I can use their Virtual Printer to convert it to a compatible file. Isn't it?

I thank you all
Mnstn

Last edited by manustone; 07-25-2010 at 11:03 AM.
manustone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 11:27 AM   #2
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW

Welcome to mobileread ....

Similar questions asked here >>>> https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78984

Also I noticed this >>>> http://www.mediaplayerworld.com/index.php?topic=1509.0

Web browsing doesn't seem to be one of its features (from what I can see)
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-25-2010, 09:57 PM   #3
harikamboji
harikamboji began at the beginning.

Device: onyx boox
Try onyx boox for a 6" reader with wifi web browsing and good DJVU capabilities.
harikamboji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 10:28 AM   #4
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
harikamboji

Welcome to mobileread ...
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 02:11 PM   #5
harikamboji
harikamboji began at the beginning.

Device: onyx boox
Thanks GeoffC!
I noticed afterward that your links also discuss the Neo/boox.
harikamboji is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2010, 08:10 AM   #6
Redfox
aka Anne Lyle
Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Whereabouts are you based, manustone? I looked into the e60 briefly, and it seems they're currently only being sold in continental Europe and the Far East
Redfox is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
djvu, samsung, web browser