Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-24-2010, 08:56 PM   #1
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Confused about the new preserving the aspect ratio of the cover option

I selected preserve aspect ratio but the image still ended up filling up the screen of the cover?

I thought this would make the epub covers kind of like the LRF covers?

I have many cover images that are about wider than they are taller and epub stretches it out to fill the entire screen (which looks horrible).

So, after a few tests to preserve the aspect ratio of the cover in which it did not change anything. I concluded that it's doing something else but I can't figure out the purpose of this feature?
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:45 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
that option only works if you have "no svg cover" not checked and your image is of an apsect ratio of 3:4 (width:height) to begin with
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-24-2010, 11:37 PM   #3
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
that option only works if you have "no svg cover" not checked and your image is of an apsect ratio of 3:4 (width:height) to begin with
I think my image isn't meeting the basic criteria of 3:4 because I unchecked "no svg cover" and checked keep aspect ratio. I'm going to try testing this on a few other files.

Thanks!
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote