Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 03-30-2009, 02:38 PM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
CES 2010: Astak bets on bigger E Ink displays and color

Robert from Astak just sent us an interesting note which alone induces uncontrollable drooling:

Quote:
After being absolutely snubbed at CES 2009 to even get a category from CES (see my blog story today) CES has finally seen the light of eBooks and eBook Readers.

They are now working with me to get up a new area at CES for eBook Reader manufacturers, eBooks, freelancers, publishers, content providers!! CES 2010 is January 7 thru 10 in Las Vegas. Room prices are about 1/3 what they use to be and great deals are being had if you book early. I mean MOTELS are at $39.

IF you want to see the next generations of eBook Readers (including 8.1 and 9.7 inch) you will see them at CES. Astak has a 1,100 square foot booth at the Central Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center. OH... registration normally starts in July and is FREE!! You will likely see the first COLOR eBook Readers there also.

I would say it is a date you cannot miss.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 03:05 PM   #2
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
I'd love to see a color screen like the one on the picture!
Bendable like paper, (basic) color, and electronic!

*Edit: Quickly make it look like a $500 bill, and give it to the counter.
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2009, 04:21 PM   #3
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Is CES now open to the public? I was under the impression that only people affiliated with the industry in a professional capacity could attend?
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 04:25 PM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
Is CES now open to the public?
Nope.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 04:40 PM   #5
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Is CES now open to the public? I was under the impression that only people affiliated with the industry in a professional capacity could attend?
You are correct however many of the CES participants can get you tickets to the floor exhibits.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2009, 04:55 PM   #6
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ok, glad I hadn't completely lost my mind. After reading Robert B's blog post on last year's fiasco, I wonder what would happen if I volunteered to work the Astak booth?

Poor guy, it sounds like they got absolutely slammed.
Old 03-30-2009, 05:25 PM   #7
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
Good news, but... Does this imply that Astak won't be releasing the 8.1 and 9.7in models this year?
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 05:50 PM   #8
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Not just "for the trade"

Quote:
Dear Phenomshel and all others:

CES has always billed itself as "for the trade only". This helps keep the millions of kids in Las Vegas from flooding the aisles. However... there is never a problem for anybody. I listed myself as a Sales Rep for a make believe company known as Integrated Blue at my home address for ten years. They do not check and do not want to check. Nobody will give you the slightest problem whatsoever. Make up any ficticious company name and use your home address. They will be overjoyed to have you. Declare yourself any title you want: like "phenom owner".

Registration starts normally in July and is free with the right code. I can give all of you the code at that time.

Do NOT let this worry anybody!

Last edited by Robertb; 03-30-2009 at 06:24 PM. Reason: spelling correction
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 06:00 PM   #9
Robertb
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Does not imply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Over View Post
Good news, but... Does this imply that Astak won't be releasing the 8.1 and 9.7in models this year?
Dear Over:

Nope, the 8.1 and 9.7 devices are still coming as late as October and as early as August, 2009. Most companies at CES have a release and then choose an "official release date" at CES to gather press. In 2008 we unveiled the EZ Reader Basic in October but still did the 'official release" at CES.

Normally, when you release a product it is greeted with a resounding YAWN until it is officially released to the press. In reality this helps companies as they do not have their ordering lines flooded the first day. The other fact is that it takes a while for press reviews to be made... so we release when we have the units and send to reviewers shortly after that.

MobileRead Forum always gets first notice of Astak Releases and normally Dale DePriest does the intro on MobileRead Forum as I want him to know first. I trust Dale and his opinions.

Robert B
Old 03-30-2009, 06:16 PM   #10
Robertb

Calling all volunteers

Quote:
Ok, glad I hadn't completely lost my mind. After reading Robert B's blog post on last year's fiasco, I wonder what would happen if I volunteered to work the Astak booth?

Poor guy, it sounds like they got absolutely slammed.
Dear Phenomshel:

Please do not temp me with volunteering. Right now, from what I can see, I will be about 8 people short of how many we need at our booth at CES next year. I had not thought of asking for volunteers but, now that you brought it up, what better way than to have experts there. I could only promise lunch and maybe a free security camera set... but I would welcome the help. Most MRF members know the industry better than anybody else. For those who do volunteer I could get Astak Exhibitor Badges free for all. I know you were joking; BUT I can see me getting worried about August timeframe.

It is too early right now... but I can see where I would welcome the help of volunteers even for one day.

Robert B
Old 03-30-2009, 06:34 PM   #11
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel

Who said I was joking????? My husband lived in Vegas for a couple of years, already knows his way around, and it'd be a once in a lifetime chance to get to go to CES. Plus that, I have a customer service background and am pretty used to madhouses.

I plan on keeping in touch with you via Mobileread and your blog, and we'll talk about this as it gets closer.
Old 03-30-2009, 07:47 PM   #12
Robertb

Very interested!

Quote:
Who said I was joking????? My husband lived in Vegas for a couple of years, already knows his way around, and it'd be a once in a lifetime chance to get to go to CES. Plus that, I have a customer service background and am pretty used to madhouses.

I plan on keeping in touch with you via Mobileread and your blog, and we'll talk about this as it gets closer.
Dear Phenomshel:

Glad that you are not joking. I think you would be ideal. I have to check out liability and such... but do not expect any problem.

I think it would be great! There would be training and rules... but I will work towards this.

Robert B
Old 03-30-2009, 09:17 PM   #13
Faenad
Ad astra per aspera
Faenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS-505, PRS-300 & HTC HD2
Quote:
After being absolutely snubbed at CES 2009 to even get a category from CES (see my blog story today)
What are the adress of the blog and of the Astak website?
Faenad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 09:23 PM   #14
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
free lunch...
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 05:25 AM   #15
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Haven't Fujitsu already released a colour device?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote