Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 09-09-2014, 10:03 AM   #1
Normurr
Normurr began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Arc 7
Kobo Arc 7 problem

I own a Kobo Arc 7 Reader and I can't find any info either on the Kobo web site or in the Arc 7 manual nor can I get, after repeated request any help from Kobo Help.

My problem is that I can't find any way or any info about how to open the SD slot so I can install my new 32Gb SD Card.

Normurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 12:15 PM   #2
Sharkus
Evangelist
Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Original, WiFi, Touch, Aura, Aura H20, MiniGloHD ;) iOS app
Quote:
Originally Posted by Normurr View Post
I own a Kobo Arc 7 Reader and I can't find any info either on the Kobo web site or in the Arc 7 manual nor can I get, after repeated request any help from Kobo Help.

My problem is that I can't find any way or any info about how to open the SD slot so I can install my new 32Gb SD Card.

I think there is a micro SD card slot on the left hand side, below the 3.5mm audio jack and usb port.
Have a read of this
Sharkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2014, 12:46 PM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Moved to the Kobo Tablet forum where.....discussion is on......the....Kobo Tablet.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 01:00 PM   #4
Normurr

Kobo Arc 7 SD card slot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkus View Post
I think there is a micro SD card slot on the left hand side, below the 3.5mm audio jack and usb port.
Have a read of this
No it's on the top left hand side of the reader

Norm
Old 09-09-2014, 05:16 PM   #5
Normurr

Quote:

Norm
on my reply to Sharkus

I know all about the link you mentioned Sharkus (and thank you) but all that does is tell me that my Kobo has an SD Card slot and I know that as I have the device and I can see the slot cover on the top left hand side of the reader.

It's the same thing Kobo told me and now they are not replying to my further call for help.

What I keep asking them is HOW DO I OPEN THIS SLOT to install the SD Card ??

Last edited by Normurr; 09-09-2014 at 05:18 PM.
Advert
Old 09-09-2014, 05:17 PM   #6
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:

Norm
Is this an Arc 7 or an Arc 7 HD? The user manual seems to indicate that there is a cover over the uSD card slot that needs to be lifted to insert the card. See around page 6 at http://download.kobobooks.com/magent...quickstart.pdf.

It seems confusing as some spots indicate the Arc 7 has the uSD card slot while others that the Arc 7 HD does. In this case the web page says the link I posted is the Arc 7 HD quickstart.

Looking at the image, I imagine I would need a sharp object to open that cover.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 05:35 PM   #7
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
You should just be able to push the card in to it; unless there is a dummy card already in it, in whgich case normally pushing in on it will make the card pop out.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 05:44 PM   #8
Normurr

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Is this an Arc 7 or an Arc 7 HD? The user manual seems to indicate that there is a cover over the uSD card slot that needs to be lifted to insert the card. See around page 6 at http://download.kobobooks.com/magent...quickstart.pdf.

It seems confusing as some spots indicate the Arc 7 has the uSD card slot while others that the Arc 7 HD does. In this case the web page says the link I posted is the Arc 7 HD quickstart.

Regards,
David
DNSB

It's an ARC 7, the ARC 7 HD does not have an SD Card slot.

I would hate to have to resort to using a sharp object to pry open the cover and possible do some irreparable damage.
Old 09-09-2014, 06:23 PM   #9
Normurr

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post

Regards,
David
Eurika DNSB you hit the nail right on the head.

A sharp object was the answer all along.

Many, many thanks.

I must admit I may never have tried that approach, I would have waited and waited for a technical reply from KOBO.

Again, THANKS David
Old 04-23-2016, 01:02 AM   #10
scraggle
scraggle began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo arc 7
You should just be able to pry at it with your fingernail and it should come loose. I found mine was difficult, but a bit of work gets it out
scraggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 01:06 AM   #11
scraggle
scraggle began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo arc 7
Exclamation Somewhat related question

I got an SD card for my kobo arc 7 , and I've got it inserted into my device, but I don't know how to transfer some of my internal storage onto to SD card. Any help?
scraggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 01:00 PM   #12
nmss
nmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo Arc, Kindle Paperwhite
Use a file management app like ES file Explorer
nmss is offline   Reply With Quote