Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 04-29-2011, 02:30 PM   #1
grumpy3b
Banned
grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.

Device: Kindle 2 (x2), Kindle 1, a couple old PDAs
Pocketbook 360 gets Wifi and a few other refreshes

Just came across a Charbax video showing the Pocketbooks 360 Plus I think they called it. The nice thing is it has wifi. I've wanted one of these for a while because I like the design and size. Not sure the wifi makes it more useful for me but it's at least something.

grumpy3b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 02:37 PM   #2
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
I think that looks kinda snazzy.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2011, 02:41 PM   #3
MmavisO
Seeker
MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus TF, PB 360, Jetbook Lite
Awesome! They kept the form factor and the snap on cover!
MmavisO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 03:20 PM   #4
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
it is available as a preorder in the US, check this message out.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 04:25 PM   #5
grumpy3b
Banned
grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
it is available as a preorder in the US, check this message out.
Nice thanks for the link to the post. I looked in that thread but somehow missed Yar's post about the pre-order. Got it bookmarked.
Advert
Old 04-29-2011, 04:29 PM   #6
grumpy3b
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingLemur View Post
I think that looks kinda snazzy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MmavisO View Post
Awesome! They kept the form factor and the snap on cover!
Yeah, I really like the look of the PB360 I really happy they kept the design and form factor. That cover is one of the reasons I've wanted on for a while. The covers we have for our Kindles are great but the make the thing so big I have to carry a bag of some sort of lug around the case and reader which I've set on a counter and walked away from a couple times. I didn't get too far away but who is to say next time I won't completely forget it.

I can't say for sure but the new version seems to be a bit snappier on the page changes. But it's been so long since I looked at a video demo that I don't really remember.
Old 04-29-2011, 06:41 PM   #7
Anthem
Guru
Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, OnePlus Nord
Very nice!
Anthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 02:50 AM   #8
rogue_librarian
Guru
rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Basic 613
Not using a Pearl screen is a missed opportunity in my book.
rogue_librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 07:06 AM   #9
grumpy3b
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue_librarian View Post
oh. ok then.

your comment helps everyone tremendously just like 99.9% of your always positive contributions to Mobileread.
Old 04-30-2011, 09:10 AM   #10
nookkatz
Tuxedo Cats!
nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nooks and iThings
I'm very pleased with my original Pocketbook 360, so the 360 Plus sounds even better!
nookkatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 10:00 AM   #11
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue_librarian View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy3b View Post
oh. ok then.

your comment helps everyone tremendously just like 99.9% of your always positive contributions to Mobileread.
First of all there is nothing to help with, so the comment can't be unhelpful.

Second, it is true. It would've been better to wait for two or three month till the exclusive runs out and add a Pearl Screen. Everyone elses readers will have it soon and the "new" 360° won't. Which will make it look quite old compared to its competitors.
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 03:56 AM   #12
rogue_librarian
Guru
rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Basic 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy3b View Post
I am very glad you feel that way.
rogue_librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 04:00 AM   #13
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppaea View Post
First of all there is nothing to help with, so the comment can't be unhelpful.

Second, it is true. It would've been better to wait for two or three month till the exclusive runs out and add a Pearl Screen. Everyone elses readers will have it soon and the "new" 360° won't. Which will make it look quite old compared to its competitors.
But there will be nothing to prevent Pocketbook from using a Pearl screen when it becomes available to them. It's surely better to get several months' sales from a new device than to delay it due to a supply situation which is outside their control, is it not?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 06:12 AM   #14
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
But there will be nothing to prevent Pocketbook from using a Pearl screen when it becomes available to them. It's surely better to get several months' sales from a new device than to delay it due to a supply situation which is outside their control, is it not?
Normally I'd say, yes, it is better. But we are talking Pocketbook and PB never delivers the upgrades they promise, don't they? They release a device and that's it. Next thing to happen is, they release a new device. Why should they change this pattern this time?
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 06:15 AM   #15
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppaea View Post
Normally I'd say, yes, it is better. But we are talking Pocketbook and PB never delivers the upgrades they promise, don't they? They release a device and that's it. Next thing to happen is, they release a new device. Why should they change this pattern this time?
A PB360 with a Pearl screen would be a new device. It's a change to the hardware. I'm certainly not suggesting that they'd be likely to retro-fit Pearl screens to existing devices.

I've been very happy with my PB360. Excellent little reader.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5" reader, pb360, pocketbooks, wifi